Malware Analyst II
Push The Boundaries
Don't fear the unknown.
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Malware Analyst II that is passionate about ensuring the security of systems during the development process. If you want to join a company that values cyber security as a whole and are open to commuting to Ft. Meade, MD, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’re a great fit if…
- You're excited about development, research and maintenance of proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and encryption.
- You are well versed with vulnerability assessments/penetration testing of information systems.
- You're passionate about ensuring that software standards are met; and designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging application software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
You’ll love our position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 5 or more years of experience as a malware analyst.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or a related discipline.
- You're well versed in C/C++ and Assembly language and understand how network based attacks work at the operating system and/or protocol level.
- You have a DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification
- You have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
What your day will look like:
- You'll participate in formal technical briefings and proposals.
- You'll perform system analysis, reverse engineering and static, dynamic and best practice malware analytical methodologies on Windows, Android and/or UNIX based platforms.
- You'll provide expertise in security concents, protocols, processes, architectures and tools.
The Admin Stuff:
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
Our motto: Innovation doesn't take a break and neither do we.
We are ripe and fearless developers, designers, architects, and human factors engineers that work together to develop innovative solutions for our clients.
Collaboration, Digital, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Mobile, Web, Management
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500