IT Security Analyst, Incident Response
Join us at the forefront of technology's next evolution.
Cyber Defense at Micron is about one major guiding principal, protecting Micron’s Intellectual Property. Incident Analyst are the key to that success, does that sound like a position for you?
For more than 35 years, Micron’s teams of dreamers, visionaries, and scientists have redefined innovation—designing and building some of the world’s most advanced memory and semiconductor technologies.
The Cyber Defense Incident Analyst will be the main point of contact for all Security related incidents for the Cyber Defense team within the Enterprise Information Security Team. The analyst will be responsible for investigating and managing all major event, HR and Legal investigations that require Information Technology support. The analyst will need to handle highly confidential information at times and must follow a legal chain of custody in the event the data is required for legal proceedings.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily detect & respond functions, working closely with SOC processes
- Identify compromised computers using logs, live response, and related computer centric evidence sources
- Serve as an escalation point to Event Analysts for complex or sensitive incident handling
- Accurate and timely routing of verified compromises to the appropriate IT operations teams for further analysis and follow through to remediation
- Provide technical team leadership to Event Analysts as required
- Advise management on the effectiveness of established operating procedures and recommend modifications where appropriate
- Perform HR and Legal investigations as needed
- Train and mentor staff as needed
- Minimal travel as needed
- Additional risk management activities as needed
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical people
- Have an in-depth understanding in at least three of the following areas: Telecommunications, Network, and Internet Security; Operations Security; Risk and Compliance; Access Control Systems and Methodologies; Security Architectures and Models; Security Management Practices; Law Enforcement; Investigative techniques
- Excellent Organizational skills and the ability to see Incidents to their conclusion
- Ability to define and communicate risk in business-relevant language
- Independent and self-directed
- Ability to react to high pressure dynamically changing environments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- 3 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Information Security, Law Enforcement, Military intelligence
- 5 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Information Technology with some Information Security experience and a proven track record of working with diverse set of customers to solve business problems
- CCFP or CISSP certification
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, criminal justice, or related discipline
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Telecom, Telecommunications, Information Systems, Science, Technology, Security
Micron offers the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions—starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMCs, and other semiconductor systems. This best-in-class technology powers leading-edge computing, consumer, enterprise server and storage, networking, embedded, automotive, industrial, and mobile products.
As the only U.S.-based DRAM manufacturer, Micron leverages an expansive global footprint and proven technology leadership to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.
Semiconductor, DRAM, NOR Flash, NAND Flash, SSD, Hybrid Memory Cube, Multichip Packages, Memory Solutions
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+