Research Program Manager II
Be What's Next
Transform your career with Microsoft Services
Identity Security and Protection: PROTECT THE HUMANS. STOP THE BAD ROBOTS. We are Microsoft’s Identity Security and Protection team (ISP), charged with preventing account hacking and fraud across all of Microsoft’s Identity systems - consumer or enterprise, on any device or any service.
Every Microsoft business relies on Azure Active Directory and Microsoft account to authenticate. ISP is on the front lines, evaluating and risk scoring using machine learning, more than 10 billion logins a day for 600+ million unique daily users, and stopping more than 30 million account attacks *every day*. Users on Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, Outlook, Azure, and at millions of enterprise desks around the world rely on us to keep their identities - and all the services and assets they allow access to - safe from cyber criminals.
We are a tight, mission focused team on the front lines of the cyber-security war. We do this with a combination of the services we operate - Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Azure Multi-Factor Authentication - and the tremendous signal analysis engines we’ve built up.
In addition to doing real and tangible good for the users we protect, we are building tremendous differentiated business value for Azure Active Directory and the services we protect. Want to stand with us shoulder to shoulder against the hackers, cyber-criminals, and state sponsored attacks working on some of the industries most advanced protection systems? Read on!
We are looking for an experienced researcher to analyze existing protection systems, investigate current bad actor activities, spot new types of attacks and develop techniques and counter measures to protect Microsoft’s identity systems. This work will directly feed into new identity protection offerings in both the enterprise and consumer space.
- Helping evolve and create new machine learning systems based on the latest technology to detect and prevent new types of attacks
- Investigate security incidents to figure out what signals would catch what we missed, ensuring we adapt to defeat the bad guys automatically the next time
- Develop metrics to assess signals; monitor those signals and research improvements and tune in near-real time.
Success will require:
- Mission focus - ensuring all efforts contribute maximally to PROTECTING OUR USERS.
- Great collaboration with engineering teams and partner teams around Microsoft
- Tremendous analytical skills to figure out what we’re missing, why our false positives or negatives aren’t optimal, and how to creatively intersect data for maximum impact
- The ability to effectively taxonomize and prioritize work for clear communication and efficient delivery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience related to Security and Identity systems
- Ability to drive technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced startup environment Strong technical problem-solving skills
- 2+ years' experience as a PM Background in machine learning or expert systems or data analytics
- Previous experience related to Identity systems and Security is desirable
- Knowledge in one or more of these technologies: Cosmos, TLC, Azure ML, SQL, .NET, C#, C++
- Database expertise, Excel and Power BI and online service are strong plusses
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent of 2 years' industry/intern experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+