Senior Data Scientist
Be What's Next
Transform your career with Microsoft Services
The Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC) is looking for an experienced Applied ML Data Scientist to join our Redmond Research Lab. The Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC) is committed to helping Microsoft customers keep their computers secure against malicious attacks and cybercrime. By continuously gathering and analyzing data, and by working with organizations inside and outside Microsoft, the MMPC stays agile to combat evolving threats. Our mission is to help protect customers and systems with industry-leading proactive protection, advise customers, and engage in valuable partnerships. More details about MMPC at http://microsoft.com/mmpc.
As a dedicated Data Scientist on our Research team, you will apply your machine learning expertise to enhance our reputation systems so that we can predict and block cybersecurity threats. You’ll work with the team to identify and build features, create experiments, vet ML models, and ship successful models that provide protection for hundreds of millions of Microsoft customers. At Microsoft, you’ll have access to vast amounts of threat-related data from billions of endpoints and other sources. Our data pipelines are curated and supported by engineering teams (so you won’t have to do much data engineering - you get to do the fun stuff.) Microsoft also has many partner teams that have decades of ML expertise and we also offer many company-sponsored classes and conferences that focus on data science and ML. There’s great growth opportunity for data science at Microsoft, and on the MMPC team, you’ll be able to apply that expertise to protecting customers, such as consumers like your friends and family to enterprises that have critical assets that need advanced threat protection from targeted attacks.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop high-performance machine learning models to predict and classify clean and malicious activity.
- Identify performant features and models and make them universally accessible to our team and partners across Microsoft.
- Provide technical leadership to our team by reviewing problem sets, proposing prediction models, and reviewing experiments and models.
- Act as a resident expert for machine learning, statistics, and experiment design.
- 5+ years of professional experience in experiment design and applied machine learning predicting outcomes in large-scale, complex datasets.
- A Masters or Ph.D degree with coursework in Statistics, Data Science, Experimentation Design, and Machine Learning highly desirable.
- Proficiency in R, Azure ML, Python, or other statistics/ML tools.
- Moderate coding skills. SQL or similar required. C# or other languages strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong drive for results. You have a proven record of shepherding experiments to create successful shipping products/services.
- Experience with prediction in adversarial (threat) environments highly desirable.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+