Information Security Analyst I
Bringing You Closer
The Information Security Analyst I will conduct access provisioning, risk assessments and analysis of existing access to systems, applications, databases, and data to ensure that access is appropriate and separation of duties does not exist. The Information Security Analyst I will participate in projects and work with business units to provide requirements on implementation of controls. The incumbent will provide support of systems that are used by the team to conduct access reviews and maintains privileged accounts. This support will include configuration of systems, analysis of output from these systems, and initiating jobs from these systems.
- Process Information Security, Identity Management access requests and/or operational incident tickets. May run vulnerability scans on systems and applications.
- On call 24/7 to address security related access issues on a rotational basis.
- Collaborates with development and other functional areas to address vulnerabilities within systems/applications.
- May conduct risk assessments on vendors and internal applications.
- Creates reports that are issued to the business owners and works with the business owner and vendor to address findings.
- Reports on key metrics.
- May conduct access reviews of systems and applications with data stewards to ensure access is appropriate and separation of duties does not exist.
- Acts as liaison to auditors (internal and external).
- Provides support for the secure password vault. Investigates alerts and works with business units on remediation.
- Collaborates with third party vendors on conducting penetration testing of internal and external network, as well as all identified applications and systems.
- Tracks and works on remediation of findings.
- Provides continual monitoring of our environment through the use of automated tools or manual processes to identify and address security incidents.
- Reviews alerts detected by the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tool and follow up with the business units to identify if process changes need to be made.
- Provides 24/7 support for the Privileged Access Vault (Cyber-Ark) to onboard identities and connect into systems and applications.
- Connects internal systems, applications, and databases into the Access Review and Identity Management tool to provide automation to access reviews and user provisioning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AAS degree or equivalent work related experience.
- 1-3 + years' experience in Information Security, or equivalent experience in a distributed computing environment to include in-depth knowledge of applications and systems.
- Knowledge of business impact analysis methodologies.
- Significant technology experience.
- Knowledge to support recovery strategy design and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to potentially ever-changing situations and ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of policy, standards and procedure documentation, and policy maintenance.
- Ability to present self in a confident and professional manner.
- Ability to deal with all levels of individuals, internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Primary Location St Louis Park-Minnesota-United States of America
US_Corp_St Louis Park_1550 Utica
1550 Utica Ave S Ste. 100
St Louis Park 55416
Job Information Security
Organization Information Technology
Job Posting Jun 27, 2017
Not only are we one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, with agents in more than 200 countries and territories, we are industry innovators and game-changers. We continue to outperform our competition in a dynamic industry that moves $600 billion - and growing - around the world each year.
Though we have a large global reach, we maintain a fairly small team of approximately 2,500 employees, which means that each one of our team members plays a meaningful role in our success. MoneyGram is an equal opportunity employer, and we're focused on building our diverse and inclusive teams with top global talent to help us accomplish our goals.
MoneyGram offers person-to-person money transfer and payment services in more than 200 countries and territories through a global network of approximately 350,000 locations, working with retailers, international post offices and banks. MoneyGram also offers bill payment services, issues money orders and processes official checks in select markets. The company is committed to providing affordable, reliable, secure and convenient payment services to consumers around the world.
A dynamic organization with a culture of innovation, action and internal promotion, MoneyGram offers competitive compensation and benefits packages and is looking for high performers that are ready to be part of the company's success.
The company, which was founded in Minneapolis as Travelers Express, started as a small money order operation in 1940.
- MoneyGram has more than twice the locations of McDonald’s, Starbucks, Subway and Walmart combined
- MoneyGram employs over 2,700 team members around the world
- The company’s call center and website supports about 30 languages
- In 2014, the company generated revenues of nearly $1.45 billion
- MoneyGram is listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the ticker symbol MGI
Global money transfer company
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000