IT Security Specialist II
The Information Security Specialist II administers the operational and administrative activities associated with the running of the Information Security risk management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for security risk assessments of new and legacy technology solution architecture. This involves collection of artifacts, questionnaires, and reports; drafting of risk assessment reports; and assisting other staff members in navigating the risk assessment process.
- Provides state-of-the-art technical expertise and support to clients, IT management and staff in risk assessment and the implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Reviews the design, development, testing and implementation of appropriate IT security plans, products, firewalls and other access control techniques.
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of new and existing information security policies and procedures.
- Assists in policy development when needed.
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of appropriate security plans, products and control techniques.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training courses and sources of training.
- Identifies and documents emerging vulnerabilities, evaluates associated risks and threats and provides countermeasures where necessary.
- Prepares activity and progress reports.
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Any of the following or similar certifications: CISSP, HCISPP, CCSP, SSCP CRISC, CISA
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service and support skills.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and to excel in a fast-paced academic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mount Sinai Health System
The System includes approximately 6600 primary and specialty care physicians, 12-minority-owned free-standing ambulatory surgery centers, over 45 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, and Long Island, as well as 31 affiliated community health centers. Physicians are affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, which is ranked among the top 20 medical schools both in National Institutes of Health funding and by U.S. News & World Report.
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 10,001+