Cyber Security Engineer
Listen. Understand. Inform. This is NPR.
We're inspired by our mission of public service. Join our team and find your NPR.
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
The Cybersecurity Engineer partners with the Infrastructure team to maintain and enhance the cybersecurity capabilities at NPR. This role will be responsible for applying cybersecurity principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, of the company’s data, computing systems, and network.
Essential Duties Include:
- Implement security designs and approaches to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to systems
- Responsible for ensuring that all system designs address cybersecurity requirements
- Develop, recommend, & test security controls to meet information assurance requirements
- Preparing performance report and communication system.
- Collaborate with internal NPR teams to ensure secure technology operations
- Respond to security related alerts and escalations in a timely manner
- Create, implement and/or modify cybersecurity policies, standards, and guidelines
- Participates in or perform Audits, such as Finance, PCI, etc.
- Lead the bi-annual Penetration Test of both internal and external network; address any vulnerabilities identified during the Pentest
- Provide subject matter expertise in any on-going cybersecurity related meetings
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Provide on-call support for after-hours security related events
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years experience in Cybersecurity in an Enterprise environment
- Cybersecurity related certifications such as CISSP, CISM, etc. are highly desired
- Must have experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IPS/IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, etc.
- Highly experienced in Application, Network and Systems related security
- Proven track record in evaluating and ensuring compliance of IT systems with regards to the assessment of vulnerabilities
- Experience recommending appropriate security countermeasures to ensure implemented security architectures comply with Enterprise-level security architecture standards
- Experience creating and managing a security program
- Must possess a practical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standard.
- Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments. Display self-confidence, knowledge and be a quick study
- Demonstrated discretion and independent judgment in handling of confidential information and matters of significance
- Demonstrated expertise in complex problem solving.
- A passion for providing unparalleled client service
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Do you "Like" us? Follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs, as well as #NPRlife for "behind the scenes" tweets about life at NPR from our employees.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
7 years: Experience in cybersecurity in an Enterprise environment
media, radio, broadcast, news, digital, digital media
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 501-1000