Senior Privacy Engineer
Be part of the movement that's revolutionizing entertainment.
Netflix is the world's leading Internet TV network. We have more than 100+ million members in over 190 countries around the world watching over 125 million hours of TV and movies per day! We have an Emmy-winning engineering organization that's reinventing the way people around the world discover, watch, and share TV shows and movies. Most importantly, we are a loved brand because we put our members first.
As Netflix continues to grow, we are looking for a talented technical expert to join the Privacy Engineering team to provide engineering and data management support on privacy and data security compliance matters. The position will report to the Manager, Privacy Engineering; however, you will work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company on a global basis. Key stakeholders include data privacy and security, legal, product, marketing, security, data engineering and analytics, and employee/studio technology teams.
You will draw on your knowledge and expertise of data management and best practices to advance compliance with internal privacy/data protection and security principles, policies and standards in an innovative and risk-based manner that supports continued business growth. You are a strong self starter, capable of driving complex cross functional projects largely independently, but open and receptive to guidance and collaboration. Excellent communications skills (written and oral) and deep technical expertise are essential. You will thrive in a fast paced, constantly innovating and changing environment, and will have a bias-to-action rather than waiting for consensus. You will be able to think “outside of the box,” helping develop creative compliance strategies that do not unduly hamper innovation and creativity, or that create process for process’ sake.
We need you to . . .
- Be a key engineering leader for all privacy matters across Netflix, working in tight partnership with our legal data protection, privacy and security team.
- Ensure our engineering/analytical systems adhere to and enforce our privacy principles.
- Serve as the privacy engineering subject matter expert for product designs, decisions, and implementations.
- Manage multiple projects involving cross-functional stakeholders and track decision-making and deliverables.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in back-end data collection, sharing and utilization.
- Partner with application owners to incorporate privacy as a design feature of our distributed architecture rather than an afterthought
- Be able to incrementally understand the Netflix technical stack and make informed decisions around data protection as it applies to multiple applications.
- Create architecture diagrams to bring clarity and drive decision-making.
- Enjoy networking and building relationships, both inside and outside of Netflix, as well as leverage your external relationships to obtain benchmarking and maintain knowledge of industry best practices.
- Be excited by Netflix's culture, and contributing to and growing it.
Ideal skills and experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science
- 5+ years of privacy/data protection and security experience
- Experience with code review, threat modeling, testing and privacy-focused design review of diverse and complex products and services
Revolutionizing the way people watch TV shows and movies!
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000