Senior Security Engineer - Responder-Developer
Be part of the movement that's revolutionizing entertainment.
As the leading provider in subscription streaming video, Netflix delivers a simple, reliable, and enjoyable experience to our customers. Providing this experience challenges us with massive scale while presenting ever-changing engineering and security challenges.
Our team is responsible for protecting both the employee and IT systems of Netflix, which are critical to keeping the company running. Our mission is very broad and our team is small and agile. We will look toward your unique skills to approach and solve problems in your own way. Whether engineering a system to address a technical security hurdle, protecting our customers' data, or consulting on a wide range of security topics, you are empowered to engage and lead cross-functionally.
In the role of Senior Information Security Engineer you will lead a significant program in an area such as vulnerability management or third party/vendor risk. We frequently work with other teams at Netflix, and look externally to partner with unique and innovative security companies. For an example of the type of solutions we deploy, click here.
- Strong grounding in information security principles
- Hands-on experience leading a comprehensive security program (vulnerability management, vendor security, etc.)
- Hands-on endpoint system security experience
- Building complete security solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools through APIs
- The ability to absorb and adapt to new technologies
- Strong communication skills- Strong ability to troubleshoot
- Willingness to take ownership and set direction in gray areas
- A burning desire to grow in both engineering and security expertise
Nice to Have:
- Development experience (Python, Perl, shell scripting, or similar)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Revolutionizing the way people watch TV shows and movies!
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000