Director of Incident Reposne
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.Description
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
The Director of Incident Response leads a team of cyber security professionals that rapidly identify, contain and resolve information security incidents. The Director will further enhance the Incident Response program at both the tactical and strategic levels, ensuring all incidents are handled as quickly as possible, according to industry best practices, and in concert with Nike Legal, Business Units, and Technology Groups.
Incidents are often ambiguous situations with imperfect data. The Director needs to quickly ascertain the scope of the situation, come up with a plan to address it, and communicate it to leadership, their team and the Nike partners engaged. Nike is aggressively pursuing many technology initiatives to deliver value to our customers and operate more efficiently and effectively. The Incident Response Director establishes the vision of response efforts at Nike to guide these efforts, ensuring Nike can detect and respond in any environment. Strategically, the Director shapes Nike Incident Response through business and use case development, resource allocation and management, and coaching the team to perform at the highest levels.
Successful Directors at Nike lead with courage, are detail oriented, have exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills, are adept at remain calm and making good decisions under pressure, and a drive to enhance risk management at all levels.
- Minimum three years of incident response experience; preferably within a professional services firm or large enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of cyber incident response with the ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the legal privacy and notification requirements around the world to include practical experience with data analysis supporting notification decisions
- Capable to develop and implement incident response processes, standards and policies, to include the measurement of their effectiveness in reducing risk.
- Deep security relevant understanding of network, desktop, server, application/database and cloud technologies, including experience with intrusion, detection and containment methods
- Strong understanding pro-active cyber defense through threat hunting
- Understanding of malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques.
- Comfortable with interfacing (in person, phone or email) with other internal or external organizations regarding security policy and standards violations, security controls failure and incident response situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to describe complex situations in simple terms.
- Experience with strategic planning and management including budget, organization, personnel decisions
- Comfortable working in highly ambiguous situations and quickly adapting to changing events; reprioritizing efforts and resources as needed
- Leads and coaches a diverse team of both direct reports and matrixed support, though partnerships and collaboration
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Resolves problems independently and/or through a support team
- Ability to balance and prioritize life & work
- Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential
Additional skills and qualifications preferred, but not required.
- One or more of the following professional certifications
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of information technology experience with 5 years in a senior role within information security.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Athletic Shoes, Apparel, Sports Equipment, Digital, Merchandising, Innovation
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+