Archer Engineer - Information Security & Compliance
Archer Engineer - Information Security & Compliance
The Cloud Security Engineer has a passion for cloud at an enterprise scale. Does the challenge of engineering in public cloud platforms at an enterprise scale excite you? If so, come join our Security team as we bring security, cloud, automation, infrastructure as code, and DevOps culture to our organization.
- Champion RSA Archer platform and engineering effort, operations and onboarding additional modules
- Implement and champion public cloud security within our organization.
- Build automation and integration with other products via multiple solutions such as API, Database
- Build tooling and process to allow self-service security of multiple public cloud services by application teams in a secure, reliable, friction free manner.
- Drive a common technology model to ensure cross enterprise functionality
- Represent the Security team to our internal customer base. Nordstrom is customer service driven and the Security team takes this principle seriously.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards learning public and hybrid cloud technologies at enterprise scale.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Discipline Specific Competencies
- Deep understanding of RSA Archer and experience implementing and/or running the platform
- Experience with Security and Compliance in the enterprise. This includes a deep understanding of at least one of the following disciplines and exposure to all of them: Security Infrastructure, Security Assessments, and PCI Compliance at an enterprise level.
- A deep understanding of cyber security principles and demonstrated experience developing technical solutions
- Must possess experience with building partnerships across multiple business units and executing effectively
- Must possess strong consulting, documentation and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of the following disciplines is recommended: Windows, SQL, Linux, VMware or other virtualization/database platform, Chef or similar technology, DNS, and scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Customer service and/or consulting experience.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is desired but not required. A desire to work with AWS and a desire to become an AWS expert is an absolute must.
- General awesomeness, positive can-do attitude and passion trump all other requirements.
- Follows through on commitments and obligations and uses company resources wisely
- Understands overall business objectives and priorities and how efforts align
- Collaborates, influences and builds consensus through relationships and listening
- Solves problems by incorporating data into decision making
- Focuses on solutions and identifies and removes barriers to problem solving
- Adapt to changing situations and expectations and demonstrate ability to solve problems
- You contribute to Nordstrom’s success by focusing on continuously improving how we manage public cloud services and the on-premises infrastructure that brings it together.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- You thrive in an environment where each individual is focused on a common goal, where collaboration is favored over competition.
- This role requires a mixture of consulting, customer service, engineering, and support work.
- We would love to hear about it if you contribute to open source, write a blog, or otherwise participate in the technical community.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate through a resume or resume and cover letter that they meet all job requirements. Any combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune magazine's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths are examples of how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer will take you and your career to new places.
Interested in joining the Nordstrom team?
See some of our current opportunities under Careers or click here: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers to apply today.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+