The Incident Response Engineer is part of a key team of information security professionals responsible for conducting various incident response activities, including monitoring, assessing, and responding to security events in a diverse enterprise environment. You will apply your security knowledge and technical expertise to provide analysis that guides incident response investigations to monitor and respond to the information security systems that protect our customers.
- Respond to security incidents promptly to mitigate damage or restore service, analyzing disparate data sources using approved tactics, techniques, tools and procedures with a goal of protecting systems and networks
- Memory and Dead-Disk forensic examinations of Windows systems. (OSX and *nix are a plus!)
- Knowledge of the chain of custody process and properly securing evidence
- Ability to mentor junior analysts/engineers
- Develop scripts, processes, and content to improve detective capabilities
- Handles security incidents in partnership with other support organizations to counteract malicious activity detected on the network.
- Develop and deliver metrics as requested
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members
- Monitor diverse open sources to identify or verify threats or any security, social, political, economic or cultural factors that may create risk to the company
- Actively investigates the latest in security vulnerabilities, advisories, incidents, and penetration techniques and escalates when appropriate
- Understands the standards, concepts and principles of business analysis to address the practical needs of the business
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Sets expectations regarding process and customer-focused outcomes, navigating changes that arise and escalating issues appropriately
- Considers stakeholders' and business partners interests relative to customer needs
- Uses judgment to involve other senior team members when navigating difficult stakeholder issues
- Adjusts to changing situations and expectations and shows willingness to learn new ways to achieve goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under short deadlines and in crisis situations
- Regulatory compliance experience in PCI, SOX, and HIPAA desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of IT experience, preferably with security and incident response duties.
- Ability to reverse engineer malcode preferred
- Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, Powershell, or an equivalent language
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role. Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly productive and resourceful, carries “Can do” attitude in approaching challenges, and a true self-starter.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding, at an enterprise level, of application, network, infrastructure, and data security architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Developed ability to prioritize daily tasks and operational demands
- Assertive and proactive in identifying and resolving issues and concerns
- Demonstrated ability to effectively summarize complex information and present in a concise and compelling manner
- GIAC certifications are preferred but not required.
- Wry sense of humor preferred
Qualified candidates will demonstrate through a resume or resume and cover letter that they meet all job requirements. Any combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
We've got you covered...
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and much more depending on your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths are examples of how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer will take you and your career to new places.
Interested in joining the Nordstrom team?
See some of our current opportunities under Careers or click here: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers to apply today.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+