Security Infrastructure Engineer
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor; it includes how technology can be best utilized to help service our business and our customer. There is a direct line between Nordstrom’s success with the customer and our ability to leverage new technologies.
Are you an experienced Information Security engineer who enjoys designing solutions that drive the success of a world-class company? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you are empowered to make decisions that directly impact the success of that business? At Nordstrom, we know there is a direct line between company success and our ability to leverage technology to the fullest.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for build, design, and deployment of information security tools and associated software and hardware, both on premise and in the cloud
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects from inception to deployment
- Provide strong documentation for build and design, as well as for operational support
- Provide guidance to security resources, business partners, and IT staff when new projects are introduced to the business through all phases of the application life cycle
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to security principles and business requirements
- Act as a trusted technical advisor with key security stakeholders at all levels of the organization for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- Be passionate about information security and conduct research on current security topics
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional experience in Information Security
- BS or MS in Computer Science in Engineering
- Must have experience with administration of firewalls, proxies, WAFs, IDS/IPS, and VPN
- Strong demonstration of scripting for automation
- Experience in deploying security solutions to AWS
- Experience with APIs
- Demonstrated ability to implement secure solutions at an enterprise level
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.
- Experience with Linux or other Unix operating systems.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and DevOps concept preferred
- One or more certifications like CISSP, Security +, GSEC, CCSP, SSCP preferred
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Date Posted: 06/22/2017, 11:34:50 AM
Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths are examples of how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer will take you and your career to new places.
Interested in joining the Nordstrom team?
See some of our current opportunities under Careers or click here: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers to apply today.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+