Senior Security Engineer
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor; it includes how technology can be best utilized to help service our business and our customer. There is a direct line between Nordstrom’s success with the customer and our ability to leverage new technologies.
Are you an experienced Information Security engineer who enjoys designing solutions that drive the success of a world-class company? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you are empowered to make decisions that directly impact the success of that business? At Nordstrom, we know there is a direct line between company success and our ability to leverage technology to the fullest.
Come join our Security team as we bring security, cloud, automation, infrastructure as code, and DevOps culture to our organization.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for build, design, and implementation of automated tools, and scripts, and deployment of information security tools and associated software and hardware
- Document security tools and services -- or maybe -- Create and maintain documentation for security tools and services.
- Provide guidance to security resources, business partners, and IT staff when projects are introduced to the business through all phases of the application life cycle
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to security principles and business requirements
- Act as a trusted technical advisor with key security stakeholders at all levels of the organization for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- Be passionate about information security and conduct research on current security topics
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service across the array of technology partners
- Engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Support and uphold Architecture/Design standards.
- Participate in department on-call rotation.
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) efforts to help identify and recommend solutions to augment and enhance the Nordstrom security program.
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science in Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to implement secure solutions at an enterprise level
- Experience with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory and other LDAP stores
- Knowledge of secure development principles in at least one environment (i.e. Java or .NET) System development experience in technologies like Java, JSON, Python, Ruby, .Net technologies is highly preferred
- Knowledge in developing API’s preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc. is desirable
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concept preferred
- Ability to deploy tools and services in a cloud environment
- Experience supporting LDAP-based directory products and defining LDAP structure and managing scalable enterprise identity directories
- Knowledge of web services, entitlement management, role mining, access management workflow and Cloud management is a plus.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Date Posted: 07/20/2017, 10:30:15 AM
Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths are examples of how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer will take you and your career to new places.
Interested in joining the Nordstrom team?
See some of our current opportunities under Careers or click here: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers to apply today.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+