Cyber Threat Analyst
We combine passionate people and innovative technology to solve the impossible.
Careers in Big Data, Cyber Analytics & Identity Intelligence
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Cyber Threat Analyst will work within the Threat Analysis Branch (TAB) of the Cyber Threat Analysis Division (CTAD) at the Department of State Bureau of Diplomatic Security. TAB provides written and oral briefings to other Department stakeholders and community partners. The analyst will work as part of a team to identify potential and actual cyber threats to the Department. The incumbent continually liaises with law enforcement and intelligence entities, foreign partners, and others, to exchange and share information.
- Candidate must possess substantive knowledge in threat and/or intelligence analysis, with some knowledge of cyber threats, have proven expert written and oral communication skills to include experience with executive-level briefings, and recent or current experience with geopolitical events in the Asia Pacific region
- 4+ years of analytical and technical writing experience (applicable education or training may be counted toward this total)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences.
- Prior military, Department of State or intelligence community experience and/or formal analytic training/certification
- Experience with All Source production and Fusion Analysis, knowledge of cyber/technical intelligence
- Experience writing contract deliverables such as Trend Analysis reports, Quarterly Status Reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in International Affairs or Studies, Security Policy, Political Science or Intelligence disciplines
So what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Identity Intelligence, Entity Resolution, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security Analytics, Open Source / Media Analytics, Multi-Int Analytics
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000