Senior Cyber Threat Analyst/Hunter
We combine passionate people and innovative technology to solve the impossible.
Careers in Big Data, Cyber Analytics & Identity Intelligence
Are you passioniate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Senior Cyber Threat Analyst/Hunter to join our software team.
In this role you will:
- This position serves as a senior analyst for a Federal Security Operations Center to analyze network traffic, large sets of log data, and other relevant security data to hunt for potential adversary activity; and work with the monitoring and detection team to coordinate incident response.
- Specific hunting activity will include establishing traffic and data flow baselines to identify anomalies; as well as developing hypotheses based on real-world cyber threat intelligence, defining data models to prove out hypotheses and conducting analysis on the associated data sets.
- This position will be responsible for developing logic to operationalize findings into automated detection triggers for the monitoring and detection team.
- Understanding of security operations, monitoring and detection, network traffic analysis, cyber threat, adversary techniques, log aggregation and correlation, scripting
- Bachelors in technology or mathematics discipline preferred
- 5+ years work experience in a related field – monitoring and detection, cyber threat intelligence, malware analysis, forensics, reverse engineering, vulnerability exploitation
- Ability to analyze malware and extract indicators
- Understanding of threat intelligence sources for awareness of evolving adversary TTPs relevant to the customer
An active TS/SCI clearance is required
So what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Identity Intelligence, Entity Resolution, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security Analytics, Open Source / Media Analytics, Multi-Int Analytics
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000