Information Assurance Security Analyst
We Want You on the Orbital ATK Team
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Information Assurance Security Analyst to join our Information Services (IS) team in Chandler, Arizona.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Information Assurance Security Analyst is responsible for defining, delivering and administering cyber security toolsets to our classified computing environments. Act as the primary technical interface between IS and the Facility Security team, as well as with customer and government IS security representatives. Provide expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks that support our business objectives.
- Manage the full life-cycle classified computing environments to include the daily administration, planning of upgrades, new deployments, and maintaining operational data flows
- Provide security architecture & systems engineering consulting IS staff
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring coverage, effectiveness, compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; assisting in conducting incident response and analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Provide maintenance and administration services for hardware and software in classified computing environments on the site.
- Coordinate IS Security processes, procedures, and standards with other sites within the business unit.
- Research and maintain a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and Cyber Security solutions
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends
- Conduct ongoing and regular Information Assurance Security capability assessments and reviews including people, process and technologies; ensuring that all security capabilities and tools are operating effectively
- Ensure security capabilities are reviewed and compliant within defined risk levels while considering hardware/software currency, performance/availability, security and information
- Ensure that all Information Assurance Security related capabilities and solutions are operating effectively
- Participate in the Computer Security Incident Response process
- Responsible for identifying continuous security capability improvements that will help protect our computing environments
- Employ best practices and forensically sound principals such as evidence handling and chain of custody
- Establish timelines and patterns of activity based on multiple data sources
- Manage effective liaison relationships with other IS groups, vendors, and others
- Bachelor’s degree in related business or technical areas, or an equivalency of education and work experience.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret clearance preferred. The ability to obtain the secret clearance will be acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 (FIVE) years of Information Assurance Security and/or engineering application administration experience
- Technical skills proficiency in the following areas: security information event management, network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, open source information collection
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with subject matter experts and analyst counterparts
- Experience with compliance requirements from NISPOM, JSIG, and ICD 503.
- Travel requirement of up to 10%
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications:
- Required Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA
- Working knowledge of networking technology and tools, firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS, encryption, and protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform project leadership tasks on select projects
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to successfully interface with other IS Groups
- Demonstrated advance skills in conducting forensic analysis of digital evidence, network traffic, managing event analysis/correlation and related incident investigations
- Process control design and testing methods
- Metrics development and reporting
- System configuration and architecture
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of various information technologies and industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology
Orbital was founded in 1982 by three friends who met while attending Harvard Business School. Armed with business school studies and an initial round of financing, David Thompson, Scott Webster, and Bruce Ferguson, developed a plan for what would become their first product – the Transfer Orbit Stage (TOS) for NASA. In the three decades that followed, Orbital grew to become a premier provider of space-related systems, pioneering new commercially-driven products and services to make space accessible to millions of people on Earth.
ATK was launched as an independent company in 1990, when Honeywell spun off its defense businesses to shareholders. The former Honeywell businesses had supplied defense products and systems to the U.S. and its allies for 50 years. ATK expanded into the aerospace market with the acquisitions of Hercules Aerospace Company in 1995 and Thiokol Propulsion in 2001. A series of notable contracts and acquisitions continued to increase the ATK's presence in aerospace, defense, and commercial markets.
Orbital ATK was formed though the combination of Orbital and the aerospace and defense businesses of ATK. The merger was announced in April 2014 and closed in February 2015.
Affordable precision weapons, propellants, and energetics, military, law enforcement, and sporting ammunition, solid rocket propulsion systems, composite structures, satellite components, subsystems
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+