Sr IA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
We Want You on the Orbital ATK Team
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Senior IA/Cyber System Engineer will be responsible for:
- Understanding and communicating IA/Cyber requirements across the system development lifecycle (SDLC), from program inception through deployment.
- Completing RMF-defined tasks in accordance with SDLC key milestones – SRR, PDR, CDR, and through deployment and sustainment.
- Supporting space and related systems, so the engineer should have an interest in applying cyber concepts to the space domain, i.e., across ground, communications, and space segments.
- Preparing and executing security assessments in order to verify cyber security requirements are met within a new space system.
- Conducting cybersecurity vulnerability management analysis, supporting patch implementation efforts, and developing long-term cybersecurity compliance roadmaps.
- Conducting quarterly vulnerability compliance reviews and contributing to quarterly POA&M updates.
- Developing and conducting cybersecurity scanning and hardening activities on numerous operating systems and applications, to include virtualized environments.
- Developing and implementing information security continuous monitoring plans.
- The Senior IA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer should have a strong technology foundation with a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or IT management. At least five (5) years of IA/Cyber engineering experience, with at least two (2) years’ experience in the defense/aerospace industry.
- Minimum of Security+CE certification, with first-hand familiarity with civilian, defense, and intelligence community implementations of the NIST 800-53 controls and RMF process.
- Candidates must have, or be able to obtain, TS/SSBI clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from the most technical staffers up to senior program managers.
- Hands-on experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA ESS/HBSS, DISA ACAS, and host-based security, to include: anti-malware, host-based intrusion protection system, data loss prevention, and rogue system detection.
- Experience remediating, mitigating, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Orbital was founded in 1982 by three friends who met while attending Harvard Business School. Armed with business school studies and an initial round of financing, David Thompson, Scott Webster, and Bruce Ferguson, developed a plan for what would become their first product – the Transfer Orbit Stage (TOS) for NASA. In the three decades that followed, Orbital grew to become a premier provider of space-related systems, pioneering new commercially-driven products and services to make space accessible to millions of people on Earth.
ATK was launched as an independent company in 1990, when Honeywell spun off its defense businesses to shareholders. The former Honeywell businesses had supplied defense products and systems to the U.S. and its allies for 50 years. ATK expanded into the aerospace market with the acquisitions of Hercules Aerospace Company in 1995 and Thiokol Propulsion in 2001. A series of notable contracts and acquisitions continued to increase the ATK's presence in aerospace, defense, and commercial markets.
Orbital ATK was formed though the combination of Orbital and the aerospace and defense businesses of ATK. The merger was announced in April 2014 and closed in February 2015.
Affordable precision weapons, propellants, and energetics, military, law enforcement, and sporting ammunition, solid rocket propulsion systems, composite structures, satellite components, subsystems
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+