Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security Solutions)
Disruptive Technology. Smart People.
Join us as we lead a new era in cybersecurity.
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a member of the SQA Engineering Team, the candidate will be involved with analyzing, testing, and modeling Palo Alto Networks top customer’s deployments to increase the reliability of products and solutions in complex deployment scenarios. The successful candidate will utilize her/his experience in customer deployments and network operations to model networks, and to develop, automate, and execute complex solution test plans. The successful candidate will have exposure and interactions with partners, customers, support teams, development teams, and product management teams. We are looking for self-motivated, independent and proactive candidate, as the successful candidate will be responsible for qualifying Palo Alto Networks products with public and private cloud solutions.
- Responsible for qualifying Palo Alto Networks products with public and private cloud solutions.
- Develop, automate and execute complex solution test plans.
- Involved with analyzing, testing and modeling customer’s deployments or solutions.
- Work with partners, customers, support teams, development teams and product management teams for solution tests.
- BS + 9 years or MS + 7 years experience in the Networking Security industry, or equivalent experience.
- Detailed understanding of modern public and private cloud networks design, network security and implementation and troubleshooting.
- Design, develop, and integrate a highly automated system and solutions testing environment for private and public cloud environments.
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google App Engine.
- Detailed understanding of SDN and Virtualization technologies.
- Extensive Test automation and scripting skills (preferably python, Rest APIs)
- Experience with different Open stack vendors and SDN controller is a plus.
- Good knowledge of networking test equipment (e.g. Ixia Breaking Point, Spirent Web Avalanche) and ability to work with open source traffic generators.
- Detailed understanding of layer 3 networking protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, PIM).
- Detailed understanding of layer 4-7 protocols such as HTTP or DNS is required.
- Hands on experience building and administrating Linux servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Palo Alto Networks prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Palo Alto Networks is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Palo Alto Networks and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
Palo Alto Networks
network security, firewall, IPS, URL filtering, threat and malware prevention, cybersecurity, enterprise security platform, threat intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000
- Cloud Product Security Architect (InfoSec)
- Cybersecurity Data Scientist
- Malware Researcher (Unit 42)
- Principal Java Software Engineer (SaaS Security)
- Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security- Feature Testing)
- Staff/Sr. Staff Software Engineer (Internet Security)
- Technical Support Engineer - Threat Specialist
- UI Engineer (Cloud Security)