Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security-Feature Testing)
Disruptive Technology. Smart People.
Join us as we lead a new era in cybersecurity.
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a SQA engineer for feature testing, you will be responsible for testing the upcoming new products or features on Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall. You will participate in the requirements and design discussions and make a difference in shaping the future direction. The work will involve close interaction with development and product management teams. You will write, execute and automate test plans based on requirements and design specs. You will maintain complex test beds to validate the design. Successful candidate will be responsible for qualifying Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall in cloud environment.
- Responsible for functional testing of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall.
- Develop, execute and automate test plans and test cases.
- Develop tools and infrastructure to improve quality and efficiency of testing.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release.
- Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release.
- Develop and maintain complex test bed environments.
- BS + 9 years or MSEE/CS + 7 years experience in the Networking Security industry, or equivalent experience.
- Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention.
- Hands on experience with AWS Compute and Networking services.
- Extensive Test automation and scripting skills (preferably python, Rest APIs)
- Good knowledge of networking test equipment (e.g. Ixia Breaking Point, Spirent Web Avalanche) and ability to work with open source traffic generators and tools.
- Experience with virtualization environments.
- Detailed understanding of layer 4-7 protocols such as HTTP, FTP or DNS is required.
- Good understanding of IPsec, Active Directory, LDAP, PKE, SAML.
- Good understanding of layer 3 networking protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF).
- Detailed understanding of modern public and private cloud networks design, network security and implementation and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience building and administrating Linux servers.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Palo Alto Networks prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Palo Alto Networks is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Palo Alto Networks and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
Palo Alto Networks
network security, firewall, IPS, URL filtering, threat and malware prevention, cybersecurity, enterprise security platform, threat intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000
- Automation Security Engineer
- Engineering Project Manager (Threat Intelligence Cloud)
- Malware Research Engineer (IoT)
- Malware Research Engineer (Mac OSX)
- Mobile Malware Research Engineer
- NY Regional Sales Manager, Cyber Security
- Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security Solutions)
- Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security- Feature Testing)
- Principal SQA Engineer (Cloud Security-Feature Testing)
- Security Architect, Cross-Industries
- Senior Product Security Engineer (Information Security)
- Senior Technical Risk Analyst - Vulnerability Management (Information Security)