Staff/Sr. Staff Software Engineer (Internet Security)
Disruptive Technology. Smart People.
Join us as we lead a new era in cybersecurity.
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley, and a four-time Gartner Group Magic Quadrant winner for innovation and the ability to execute. Palo Alto Networks has been named a “best place to work” by the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Our game-changing security platform brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. A fun and dynamic culture, we offer unprecedented career and financial growth potential, along with the chance to be part of the very important mission: to prevent cyber breaches and protect our digital way of life.
As a member of Internet Security Team, you will work with researchers on implementing different projects that detect and defense against various emerging threats in areas include Web security, Network security etc. You will be a key person in transforming ideas into products which are part of the next generation security platform. The Internet Security Research Team is responsible for innovating new security techniques.
- Work closely with security researchers to design and implement various security detection components for Wildfire, URL Filtering, Threat Prevention;
- Work with PLM on new feature requirement;
- Work with QA and DevOps on release/deployment;
- Creative thinker and team player, with good communication skills and desire to make differences
- Experienced Python, Shell programming skills
- Experience on MySQL, MongoDB, HDFS, Redis
- Experience on design and implement linear-scalable systems
- Knowledge of core Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS)
- Knowledge on Web security, Network Security is a plus
- Knowledge on machine learning model/process is a plus
- Experience on Big Data-driven development is a plus
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Palo Alto Networks prior to having a signed agreement from Human Resources. Palo Alto Networks is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Palo Alto Networks and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.
Palo Alto Networks
network security, firewall, IPS, URL filtering, threat and malware prevention, cybersecurity, enterprise security platform, threat intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000