Information Security Analyst I
Paycom is growing at a phenomenal rate and we are looking for friendly, smart, driven, focused, energetic, passionate and successful individuals to join our team. Paycom offers world-class training and advancement opportunities. When you work at Paycom, you’re working for the best.
Every day at Paycom is exciting as we grow closer to our goal of nationwide expansion and industry domination.
The Information Security Analyst functions include day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and the identification, investigation, and resolution of security incidents detected by those systems. Secondary tasks may include the development and/or implementation of security solutions, which fit into the security architecture. The Information Security Analyst requires awareness of the enterprise’s security goals as established by stated policies, procedures and guidelines and actively work towards upholding those goals.
- Participate in the planning and designing of enterprise security architecture, where appropriate.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures), where appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry.
- Assist in the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of new security solutions and enhancements to existing security solutions.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operation of all in-place devices, whether under Information Security control (i.e., security tools) or other asset owners (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
- Assist with operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether under Information Security control (i.e., security tools) or other asset owners (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
- Monitor security systems, and analyze potential threats and vulnerabilities on networks.
- Assist in the analysis of network traffic and alerts to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Document and reports on specific duties, activities, problems solved, and issues resolved.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as requested.
- Work outside the standard office 8-hour workday may be required with on-call availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related Field
- Industry Certification (GCIH, GCIA, GMON, etc.) preferred
- 1-3 years of network and/or security administration.
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS, packet/traffic analysis and related tools
- Knowledge of information security principles and practices to include, but not limited to, the following areas: Vulnerability Scanning; Security Information and Event Management; Next Generation Firewalls; Network Intrusion; Host Based Security; SIEM; Data Loss Prevention; Malware Prevention
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, Microsoft operating systems, and networks
- Experience with firewall configuration and maintenance
- Ability to deliver reporting on and providing fixes to identified vulnerabilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly responsive with an ability to handle escalations quickly and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Availability to respond to emergency situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Paycom is growing at a phenomenal pace by providing cutting-edge technology and personal payroll expertise at a lower cost. As one of the largest and fastest-growing human capital management providers, Paycom serves clients in all 50 states from 42 sales teams across the country.
Payroll Processing, HR, Human Resources, Tax Credits, HRIS, Benefits Administration, Software-as-a-Service, SaaS, Time and Attendance, Talent Acquisition, HR Management, Talent Management
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000