Cyber Security Engineer
Explore the infinite possibilities...
Discover your career at PepsiCo
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for administration of security automation and orchestration; integrating existing security infrastructure and reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Security Engineering. This position is tasked with maintaining security systems protecting PepsiCo information and assets globally against unauthorized access, security risks, data loss, and cyber-attacks. This position will also drive global information security engineering tactical plans.
This position requires a development background, expertise in Information Security with a comprehensive knowledge of network protocols, server infrastructure, and strong analytical, and communication skills.
The candidate will:
- Adhere and ensure methodologies follow technical standards
- Technical advisor to a project team of medium scope with cross-functional impact
- Resolves highly complex problems
- Anticipates and overcomes complex problems associated with assign projects
- Assists in or delivers presentations to a variety of audience levels
- Actively communicates to managerial and technical leadership operational issues in a timely manner
- Makes appropriate tactical decisions to complete assigned projects
- In-depth knowledge of at least one technology and working knowledge across other technologies
- Possesses broad-based technology knowledge of other technologies in order to execute project deliverables
- Reviews project requirements documents
- Maintains security standards documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Hands on experience with code repositories such as GIT
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code
- Web application background is required, along with a desire for continued learning's for new programming languages, techniques and related security issues
- Proficiency in a Linux command line environment (awk, sed, grep, etc.) or Windows equivalent (Powershell) to analyze log files and locate anomalies
- Information security experience with foundational knowledge in multiple areas including SOC operations, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and SIEM technologies
- Information Technology experience including hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems and operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows administration
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the sixth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the seventh time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 2012.
manufacturing, sales, marketing, brand management, gatorade, tropicana, quaker oats, frito-lay, pepsi, mtn dew, doritos, mirinda, pepsi max, tostitos, aquafina, sierra mist, fritos, lipton, cheetos, 7up
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Cyber Intelligence Manager
- Cyber Security Lead Relationship Manager
- Cyber Security Policy/Standards Document Management Sr. Analyst
- Cyber Security Sr. Engineer
- Cyber Security Threat Hunter
- Cyber Security Triage Incident Response Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Global Endpoint Security Engineer
- Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Web Application Security Assessments Technical Lead