Cyber Security Threat Hunter
Explore the infinite possibilities...
Discover your career at PepsiCo
The Threat Hunter will be a key member of the PepsiCo Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodology and providing expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and the eradication of threat actors from enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies.
- Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes
- Participate in "hunt missions" using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data and results of brainstorming sessions to detect and eradicate threat actors on the PepsiCo network.
- Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents.
- Perform analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog
- Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient CFC operations
- Document best practices with the CFC staff using available collaboration tools and workspaces.
- Review alerts generated by detection infrastructure for false positive alerts and modify alerts as needed
- Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc
- Provide forensic analysis of network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, host-based security and application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors
- A passion for research, and uncovering the unknown about internet threats and threat actors
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, related discipline or relevant work experience
- Relevant Technical Security Certifications (GIAC, EC-Council, Offensive Security, etc)
- 6+ years overall IT Infrastructure experience
- 3+ years of recent operational security experience (SOC, Incident Response, Malware Analysis, IDS/IPS Analysis, etc)
Experience with several of the following topics:
- Malware analysis
- APT/crimeware ecosystems
- Exploit kits
- Cyber Threat intelligence
- Software vulnerabilities & exploitation
- Data analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux/UNIX & Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards and report building.
- Experience with Snort, Bro or other network intrusion detection tools
- Detailed understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
- Working knowledge of full packet capture PCAP analysis and accompanying tools (Wireshark, etc.)
- Nominal understanding of regular expression and at least one common scripting language (PERL, Python, Powershell).
- Strong collaborative skills and proven ability to work in a diverse global team of security professionals
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the sixth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the seventh time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 2012.
manufacturing, sales, marketing, brand management, gatorade, tropicana, quaker oats, frito-lay, pepsi, mtn dew, doritos, mirinda, pepsi max, tostitos, aquafina, sierra mist, fritos, lipton, cheetos, 7up
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Cyber Intelligence Manager
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Lead Relationship Manager
- Cyber Security Policy/Standards Document Management Sr. Analyst
- Cyber Security Sr. Engineer
- Cyber Security Triage Incident Response Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Global Endpoint Security Engineer
- Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst
- Web Application Security Assessments Technical Lead