Security Analytics Analyst
Do you have a natural curiosity and desire to understand how data and events can be related? Do you have an interest in cyber security and desire to understand new threats and vulnerabilities? Do you love pets?
PetSmart is looking for a Security Analytics Analyst that will provides business and technical advice on a wide variety of information security topics. The individual serving in this position will have a natural curiosity and passion for research. This role will apply that passion against a variety of data points to develop sensitive data tools such as cyber security data products for the detection of unknown threats.
The Security Analytics Analyst will participate in all aspects of cyber security including: application security, compliance, incident response, security architecture, and vulnerability management. This position will report into the Information Security department where it will play a role in protecting pet parent and associate information so that PetSmart can be the trusted partner to pet parents and pets in every moment of their lives.
- Development of new data products including alerts, dashboards, reports, and visualizations
- Support information security tools and technologies
- Support incident response function
- Minimum 5 – 7 years progressive experience in information systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk technologies
- Expert ability in Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards, visualizations, and report development
- Knowledge of machine learning methodologies
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, SAP, Directory Services, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
- Knowledge of industry laws and regulations mandating information security and information risk management requirements (PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with ability to explain security topics to a business audience
- Prior experience working with threat intelligence data products and developing capabilities for threat hunting
- Experience with user behavior analytics capabilities and solutions
- Security Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, OSCP
We employ approximately 55,000 associates, operate approximately 1,500 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and approximately 204 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp day care services and pet adoption services in-store. Our portfolio of digital resources for pet parents – including PetSmart.com, PetFoodDirect.com, Pet360.com, OnlyNaturalPet.com and petMD.com – offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S.
Expert veterinarian care is available in many of our stores, where Banfield Pet Hospital®, operates full-service pet hospitals. These in-store pet hospitals operate independently of PetSmart and employ veterinarians who provide a full range of health care and emergency services.
Through our in-store pet adoption partnership with independent nonprofit organizations, PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, PetSmart helps to save the lives of more than 500,000 homeless pets each year.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+