Incident Management Team Manager
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for an Incident Management Team Lead to support an important government customer in Chandler, AZ.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): DHS Public Trust
Daily Job Responsibilities:
The Incident Management (IM) / Problem Management Team Manager is responsible for managing the processing and monitoring of enterprise level incidents from inception to problem resolution and managing the 24x7 Incident Management Team, consisting of up to 14 personnel. The Team is the central communications point for all incidents managed by the organization and accountable for the end to end incident management process. The IM Team Manager is also responsible for the 2 personnel Change Management cell. This cell has responsibility for the administrative requirements with tracking all organizational change requests and facilitating the organization’s Change Control Board.
Required Skills (Top 5):
- Experience managing a 24x7 team in the day-to-day performance of work, provides leadership, mentorship and direction, and uses a wide range of tools and techniques to create and maintain a collaborative, motivated and positive team atmosphere
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IT field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments and work under limited direction
- Experience managing a team of incident management and problem management cells within an enterprise level IT environment
- Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining incident resolutions
- Understanding of the interdependencies and strategic impacts of Enterprise incidents and changes in order to balance priorities while driving incident resolutions
- Ability to proactively identify and react to trends based on technical team and Service Desk feedback and collaboration
- Ability to document incident resolution processes, create reports, brief and provide detailed status to government representatives and contractor management
- Ability to gather and manage technical resources, internally and externally, and influence them through developed communication and diplomacy skills to own and efficiently drive incident resolutions on behalf of the government customer
Minimum Required Skills:
- Working knowledge of IT Network Operations, Active Directory and Exchange, Service Desk and Security Operations processes and cross functional dependencies
- Able to think and respond to IT incidents quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime and exceed customer expectations for service
- Strong ability to manage multiple incidents requiring conference bridges and timely reporting
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong ability to work in a fast-pace crisis environment and with cross-functional teams
- Experience with providing guidance to technical staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to conduct incident resolutions and ensure minimal impact of service availability
- Personnel management skills for a group of professional IT staff to include performance reviews, disciplinary actions, time cards, training, work management
- Strong management and supervision skills for people and IT processes
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and interface with management
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center or a Customer Support Operations Center
Degree Required/Equivalent Experience w/o degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10-12 years of information technology experience, or a Master’s Degree with 8-10 years of information technology experience. (required)
- At least six years’ experience supporting incident management processes in an enterprise 24x7 operational environment. (required)
- At least four years’ in a supervisory capacity with experience managing an incident management team supporting an enterprise level operational organization. (required)
- Technical certification (required)
- ITIL Service Operations (preferred)
Travel Requirement: None
Any additional info regarding work environment (e.g. core hours, shift work, remote work, flex time, etc.): This position’s core hours are M-F 7AM – 7PM (EST) with after-hours contact, as required. The position is responsible for a 24x7 Team.
Phacil, started in 2001, is an award winning, ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO 27001 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 certified Government Contractor. The Company provides services across a broad range of information technology disciplines including: Software Development & Integration, Operations & Maintenance, Network Engineering, Data Center Operations, Cyber Security,
Information Assurance, Geographic Information Systems, Technical Consulting, and Business Operations. Phacil has received a number of recognitions, including rankings on Washington Business Journal’s Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Software Magazine Software 500.
Our vision is to bring best practices from the commercial sector to the Federal Government. Phacil is a very different kind of Company compared to the traditional Federal Government Contractor and our results spring from a culture that values a tremendous work ethic, strong employee development, and exceptional customer service.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Phacil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Current government customers include Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Department of State, Department of Treasury, Federal Bureau of Investigation, US Air Force, US Army, US Navy, DoD Office of Inspector General, to name a few.
Development, Integration, Operations & Maintenance, CyberSecurity, Geographical Information Systems, Technical Consulting, Business Operations, Information Technology