Life is short. Do work that matters.
Pindrop has an exciting opportunity for a Security Engineer to drive security technology projects, improve the Pindrop security program and posture, and help secure the advancement of our business. This role will be responsible for the security of Pindrop products and systems and protecting customer data in both physical and cloud environments. As a security engineer, you will protect Pindrop systems and network boundaries, provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like customer information and credentials. You will work hands-on with security technologies and actively assess our systems for attacks and intrusions. You will also work with software developers to proactively identify and remediate security vulnerabilities and flaws. You will perform technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing to highlight risk and help Pindrop teams and partners improve security. You will also conduct offensive security tests in the style of Red Team exercises to probe Pindrop’s security controls and detection capabilities and work closely with other Pindrop teams to communicate risk, as well as design and build proactive methods to enhance our security posture. You will enjoy working on a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks, with a further option to specialize and/or perform research in a number of attack and defense fields. This is a flexible role in a dynamic environment, we are a small company that is targeting the security program maturity of a Fortune 100 company. We run lean and wear a lot of hats.
We are looking for someone with experience in security technologies, cloud security, and advanced threats to deploy and manage secure internal and external products and solutions, as well as help us assess our security posture through vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and red team exercises. The new Pindropper must also have experience with application security best practices and tools and building security into an Agile CI/CD, as well as strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to drive and influence security with engineering, operations, IT teams and other Pindrop departments.
- Perform technical security assessments, security design reviews, and code audits
- Conduct research and stay up to date on security threats to identify new attack vectors against Pindrop products and systems
- Assess and develop security technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Perform offensive security exercises to test security controls and detection capabilities
- Drive vulnerability assessments of Pindrop systems and applications
- Research and evaluate the latest security products to combat the latest threats
- Participate in network and web architecture design reviews and provide security recommendations
- Collaborating with Pindrop teams to ensure the security of our products, services, and corporate environment
- Raising security awareness across the enterprise
- Assist in the audit and compliance process
Who You Are
- Accountable and empowered professional
- Curious and always looking to learn
- Highly interested in how things work
- Gets excited by threats and countermeasures
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong communication skills whether talking to executives or software engineers
- 2 years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing
- Experience in security engineering, computer and network security
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools both application level and infrastructure level
- Experience in penetration testing and web security
- Understanding of security protocols and applied cryptography
- Experience with secure coding practices, threat modeling, and application security tools and processes
- Experience with security technologies such as IDS/IPS, NGFW, UTM, FIM, SIEM, WAF, DLP
- Working knowledge of Linux and security procedures and controls for Linux
- Experience in a DevOps/Agile environment preferred
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures and how they affect security
- Software development experience in Python, C/C++ or Java preferred
- Experience in capture the flag or similar offensive security exercises preferred
- Experience working across business lines to engage team members
- Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, computer science or engineering, or related field
Perks at Pindrop
We hire good people, and take care of them. Pindrop believes in fostering an environment where employees don’t just come to work hard, but play hard. We host regular game nights, team challenges, and offsite events (not to mention the endless snacks and catered meals) to keep everyone involved in our company culture. None of these strike you? We appreciate new ideas any and everywhere. Let us know what interests you and we can incorporate it into our Tea Time twice a month. Grab a beer and discover something new.
Keep learning. Pindrop offers regular Lunch & Learns and Tech Talks that promote an environment for people to grow outside of their job title. Want to learn to code with minimal experience? Come to our Intro to Python Tech Talk. Interested in March Madness? See how data science can help you beat the bracket at our Data Science in the Real World Lunch & Learn. In addition to these events, we promote a continued education budget for each of our employees to grow and improve in tandem with the company.
Our employees are creative, dynamic, and above all a team. Pindrop is one of the fastest growing security startups in the country, but we make sure to hire only the best of the best. Better yet, every employee is passionate about the company and our mission. (Can you blame us?) When you put that passion in a collaborative setting it unites everyone as a team.
Fighting criminals is in the job description. No matter which facet of Pindrop you want to work for, we are all working towards the same goal-- making sure the bad guys don’t win.
Founded in 2011 | Raised $122 million
Venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz | Google Capital | IVP | Citi Ventures | Felicis Ventures | GV
Pindrop is the pioneer in voice fraud prevention and authentication. We provide enterprise solutions to reduce fraud losses and authentication expense for some of the largest call centers in the world. Pindrop’s patented Phoneprinting™ technology can identify, locate and authenticate phone devices uniquely just from the call audio thereby detecting fraudulent calls as well as verifying legitimate callers. We have been selected by the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and retailers, detecting over 80% of fraud even for attackers never seen before. Pindrop’s solutions are allowing customers to reduce call time and improve their customers’ experience even while reducing fraud losses.
Pindrop is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
anti-fraud, phone fraud, fraud, phone authentication, call center authentication
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200