Manager, Application Security
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Manager Application Security will guide, lead and manage the team to provide expert technical guidance and hands on validation of secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of systems supporting the Sony Interactive Entertainment products and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify threats and build security protection within the design of SIE’s products and services.
- Collaborate with engineers, consultants and leadership to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the SDLC.
- Perform hands on guidance during the SDLC to proactively discover risk and track them to resolution.
- Perform validation of security controls to insure adherence with compliance and industry best practices.
- Perform threat analysis and define the requirement to mitigate a risk based on the threat.
- Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security risk.
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security.
- Ability to understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality.
- Guide, lead and manage team members in order to effectively provide Application Security support during the entire SDLC.
- Leading includes ensuring effective communication with other engineers, consultants and leadership in order to provide the above and other duties that might be required as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- 3+ years experience as a leader or manager of technical teams.
- 6+ years experience in information security.
- Experience with securing host, database, and application solutions for multi-tier systems.
- Experience with implementing and operating system, network, and host security technologies and assessment tools.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, C++, PHP, etc. and understand how to detect and remedy related security issues such as OWASP top 10.
- Ability to scale security within the SDLC by automation using tools sets such as source code analyzers, vulnerability scanners, configuration validation, and similar techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey security needs to developers, peers and leadership.
- Understanding to cryptographic processes such as key management, seeding, and PKI.
- Solid foundation in application security.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, GSSP-JAVA preferred.
- Experience working within software development preferred.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies to include agile and RUPPS desired.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
PSN Original Programming & PSN Home, Digital multimedia content distribution, Hardware, Game Development, Develops global cloud services, and Game Developer Support
Company Size: 5,001-10,000