Network Security Engineer
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
GAIKAI (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Network Security Engineer
Do you want to bring Gaikai's game-streaming technology to smartphones, tablets, TVs, consoles, and other devices? Are you passionate about securing media streams and infrastructure that will revolutionize the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology and innovative partners on innovative devices? If so, join us!
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device. We are working with our partners to port, customize, and optimize Gaikai's streaming on the PS3 & PS4 as well as several different client device platforms.
The Network Security Engineer position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment. The Network Security Engineer is an individual contributor who will participate in all aspects of information systems and network security including intrusion detection, incident response, vulnerability assessment, application security and compliance with the corporate information security policy. This person will primarily be responsible for implementing, operating and improving security technologies including IPS/IDS, End Point Protection, Database Activity Monitoring, Web Application Firewall, and processes.
- Designs, tests, and implements security measures intended to protect cloud-based applications and data
- Define, write, and drive the adoption of corporate security policies, especially those focused on network security
- Uses penetration testing tools to perform regular vulnerability assessments of internal, DMZ, and external devices
- Provide awareness and education around technical techniques to address vulnerabilities
- Play a hands-on senior technical role in developing and implementing detection capabilities for indicators of compromise
- Provide technical requirements for and security evaluations of external vendors or cloud providers
- Participate in security incident management and responds in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of information assets
- Be able to define and configure next gen firewall rules by understanding business needs and driving a high standard of security across the corporate network
- Understand and communicate security risks and mitigations to broad spectrum of audiences
- Categorize risks and help prioritize business needs with respect to security
- A successful candidate will have past experience and knowledge to come in and be a self-starter, take what we currently do to the next level by improving, redesigning and automating current processes in addition to the following:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent, or a minimum of 8 years’ work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant network security experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership among peers through work in the open source community, blogging, speaking, or other thought leadership
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- Expert to Moderate knowledge of network security architecture, design, operations (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Expert to Moderate knowledge of IDS/IPS systems
- Expert to Moderate Firewall Audit review security best practice
- Expert to Moderate knowledge of DDoS mitigation techniques
- Deep understanding of Security Operations Center and Security Incident Response Team protocols and procedures
- Strong understanding of Information Security concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- CISSP, CCNP, CISA or GIAC GSEC certification
- Team player who can get along with others both inside and outside the company
- Hacker mindset and always strives to think like an attacker
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
PSN Original Programming & PSN Home, Digital multimedia content distribution, Hardware, Game Development, Develops global cloud services, and Game Developer Support
Company Size: 5,001-10,000