Staff Cyber Security Architect
JOIN US FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE
The Cyber Security Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership and strategy in the domain of cyber security across the division. This person will be responsible for working with senior staff (technical and business) and subject matter experts to document security requirements, architect environments, research best practices, conduct trend analysis, and identify gaps in developing future-state of Cyber Security at Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of security specifications and tools as needed for connected vehicle platforms
- Assist with architectural design, product development and security program creation
- Support major product programs with security expertise
- Collaborate on advanced engineering projects with internal design teams
- Assist product development in proof-of-concepts with new features and technology related to security
- Advises others on what changes need to be made to different systems in order to comply with security policies and standards
- Conducts incident investigation and system forensic examinations
- Works on multiple projects as a team member and lead systems related security components
- Develops system testing strategies, plans, cases and conditions; monitors testing efforts
- Develops, evaluates and manages systems security across various embedded systems
- Performs related duties and assigned project tasks as requested
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Information Secuirty or Mathematics required; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of relevant security experience.
- 3+ years of experience with embedded Windows/QNX/Linux or with microcontrollers for control systems
- Technical expertise in various security tools such as vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection systems, combined with the knowledge of security practices and procedures.
- Ability to deal collaboratively, diplomatically, and successfully with customers, co-workers and other professional colleagues, managers, and staff.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills while providing first class customer service
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Any of the following are highly preferred: CISSP, CISA, SSCP, GIAC, CompTIA Security+ CCSP.
- Working knowledge of international and industry standards such as IEEE, ISO and SAE for secure messaging, digital certificates and encryption
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Experience with encryption technology and PKI management is a plus.
- Working knowledge of network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, and CAN related tools (CANanalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Standard office environment
- Some travel will be required
- 4 year degree or higher
- 7 plus years of experience
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 8,000 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory® and Indian Motorcycle® and Slingshot™ brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin®, Cycle Country® and Pro Armor® brands.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Manufacturing and Vehicle Design
Company Size: 10,001+