Senior Information Security Engineer
Proofpoint is a next-generation cybersecurity company that protects the way people work today. At Proofpoint, we give organizations the power to do three critical things: First we protect people from the advanced attacks that target them via email, mobile apps, and social media. Secondly we protect the information people create from advanced attacks and compliance violations. Finally, we equip people to respond quickly when things go wrong. At Proofpoint, we’re committed to giving organizations the power to protect the way their people work today.
Our customers’ data must be protected from all threats and vulnerabilities, and you will help ensure that happens. As a key member of the Global Information Security team, you will engage with company leaders, colleagues, vendors, and customers on security assurance. You will use your passion for security and to help shape and drive key initiatives throughout the organization, working daily with Product Development, Operations, HR, Finance, Legal, and Facilities.
- Assist in the definition of end to end security architecture for production systems, including security design analysis, risk management, data privacy compliance, vendor and application security assessments.
- Continue to refine and identify new sources of data to aid in security monitoring and security investigations
- Incident response
- Drive security initiatives with cross-functional groups.
- Perform risk analysis of engineering initiatives and prioritize projects requiring focused testing.
- Lead security design reviews and threat modeling for new features and functionality.
- Manage vulnerability remediation processes for codebases across multiple business units, including bug triage, and coordinate with project managers to track and close milestones.
- Participate in the development of materials to increase awareness of and adherence to security best practices in Development, Facilities, and Operations teams.
What you bring to the team:
- You are a passionate security evangelist
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of six years of experience in a security role, with previous experience as a security practitioner in a specific discipline in research, consulting, or operations role
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and are well-known for your spirit of collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of a variety of real-world attack and mitigation types
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining security systems, including firewalls, web application firewalls, IDP/IPS systems, VPN appliances and multi-factor authentication
- In-depth technical expertise in network defense technologies, forensic tools, and active defense technologies
- You have experience in automating manual tasks with Python, Ruby or Perl
- It will be considered a plus if you have experience in implementing automated and manual penetration testing
- Experience performing manual and automated code reviews and penetration tests for complex PHP and Java web applications to identify security flaws is a plus
- Bonus points if you are able to teach software engineers how to apply security engineering best practices
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Proofpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Proofpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Proofpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We give organizations the power to do three critical things:
- First, we protect people from the advanced attacks that target them via email, mobile apps, and social media
- Secondly we protect the information people create from advanced attacks and compliance violations
- Finally, we equip people to respond quickly when things go wrong
Advanced Threat Protection, Information Protection, Email Protection, Social Media Protection
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000