Senior Threat Analyst
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are seeking a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly motivated Senior Threat Analyst to join our growing Systems Engineering team. Candidates should be located in or near Sunnyvale, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing and presenting detailed analyses of threats discovered during customer evaluations of Proofpoint’s products. You will work in conjunction with Threat Analysts, Sales Engineers, and Regional Sales Managers to present how Proofpoint’s advanced threat protection solutions block and provide insight into these attacks. The role requires interaction with both senior IT management (CIO, CISO) and the extended security team within larger enterprises. The successful candidate will have sound technical and security experience blended with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proactively research threats discovered during evaluations and provide detailed analyses of these threats to the sales team and prospective customers
- Integrate into the larger organization’s threat research processes and culture.
- Stay current on the latest email and web threats and attack techniques
- Deliver ongoing training on the current threat landscape to the worldwide sales engineering team
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to maintain deep proficiency on Proofpoint’s advanced threat protection solutions
- 4+ years industry experience in malware research
- Technical background in internet security and messaging
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present and explain security concepts and technology to both senior IT management and security staff
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high stress start up environment
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent
- Ability to travel 25%
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Proofpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Proofpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Proofpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We give organizations the power to do three critical things:
- First, we protect people from the advanced attacks that target them via email, mobile apps, and social media
- Secondly we protect the information people create from advanced attacks and compliance violations
- Finally, we equip people to respond quickly when things go wrong
Advanced Threat Protection, Information Protection, Email Protection, Social Media Protection
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000