Sr Security Analyst
Quanta Services Careers
Be a part of the solution.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves.
The Sr. Security Analyst detects and prevents cyber threats to the organization. Every day, they ferret out the weaknesses of company infrastructure (software, hardware and networks) and find creative ways to protect it. They are responsible for analyzing data and recommending changes.
- Plans, implements and upgrades security measures and controls.
- Establishes plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Maintains data and monitors security access.
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Conducts internal and external security audits.
- Anticipates security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduces their likelihood.
- Manages network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Analyzes security breaches to determine their root causes
- Recommends and installs appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Defines, implements and maintains corporate security policies.
- Trains fellow employees in security awareness and procedures.
- Coordinates security plans with outside vendors.
- Travels less than 15% of time and only to assist subsidiaries in solution deployments
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent (e.g. Math, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience
- IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Network protocols and packet analysis tools
- Cloud computing
- SaaS models
- CISSP, CCE, CEH, GCFE, GCFA, GCIH, GCIA, CCFE, CPT, CREA, CompTIA A+ would be desirable certifications though other comparable certifications and experience would be considered.
Quanta Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with governing law.
Quanta Services, Inc.
With approximately 20,000 employees and operations throughout North America and in certain international markets, Quanta has the manpower, resources and expertise to safely complete projects that are local, regional, national or international in scope.
Since its inception, the company has focused on helping customers respond to dynamics that are driving industry development:
- The convergence of products, services and facilities created by increased demand for electric power and telecommunications bandwidth.
- Incorporation of renewable generation sources into the grid.
- Aging electric power transmission and distribution network.
- Growing focus on domestic natural gas resources including shale exploration and related transmission pipeline infrastructure.
- Energy and communications providers need for efficient access to a comprehensive, capable and cost-effective set of infrastructure solutions
- Access to the industry's largest equipment fleet and workforce resources.
- A flexible and strategic approach to infrastructure solutions – from ongoing maintenance to engineering, procurement and construction to comprehensive outsourcing solutions.
- A strong balance sheet with financial resources for capital-intensive projects.
- Inclusion in the S&P 500 Index, the most widely followed index of large-cap stocks actively traded in the United States.
Electric Power Infrastructure Services, Energy Services, Oil & Gas Services, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Power Generation, Emergency Restoration, Energized Services
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+