Director, Platform Security
Rapid7 was founded in 2000 to give customers insight into vulnerabilities in their IT environments with a comprehensive vulnerability management solution, something that didn’t exist at the time. In 2017 Rapid7 continues to provide cutting edge solutions for our customers’ security and IT challenges with our Insight Platform: a cloud-based analytics platform that powers our products for vulnerability management, incident detection & response, penetration testing, application security, and DevOps + IT operations.
As the Insight Platform continues to grow, so does its attack surface. We’re looking for an awesome leader to join the Rapid7 security team as the Director of Platform Security, based in Cambridge, MA, with a strong focus towards keeping the Platform’s attack surface and blast radius as small as possible. This Director is the kind of person who will stop at nothing to keep attackers at bay and our customers safe by driving a strategy of “security-as-code” and security automation.
You are passionate about all facets of security. You desire a new opportunity to flex your creativity and expand your leadership and management acuity. You are excited to tackle many security challenges and are excited to pioneer solutions for unsolved security problems. You also find the idea of working at a security company, with some of the brightest security minds in the world invigorating -- it does not intimidate you that everyone has an opinion.
How you’ll keep busy
- Execute against the vision and strategy for securing Rapid7’s Insight Platform in collaboration with your Governance and Security/Trust Operation peers.
- Lead the Platform Security team in developing innovative code-driven security solutions
- Partner closely with cross-functional teammates in Platform Delivery (DevOps) and Engineering
What you’ll need
- 7-10 years of experience as a security practitioner, with relevant DevOps experience considered. Bonus points if you have experience in dynamic tech companies that operate at scale.
- Experience managing technical teams focusing on engineering, product, or software delivery
- A high degree of curiosity and aptitude, with a clear passion around security as a lifestyle.
- Success overseeing security-related projects and change management initiatives with SDN environments.
Information Security, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, Compromised User Detection, Mobile Risk Management, Enterprise Control Monitoring, Strategic Services, Security Programs, and Application Testing
Company Size: 501-1000