This position is for the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of Record at Raytheon IDS in Woburn, MA and is responsible for the Information Assurance program as stipulated by various US Government requirements including (but not limited to): National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and related documentation such as the Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) as well as customer/contract specific Information Assurance (IA) regulations.
Business Unit Profile
Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, continuous monitoring and delivering information systems security education and awareness. This position manages the IA incident response program as well as interfaces with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives. This position is responsible for and manages security compliance of all DSS accredited systems within the center, with oversight of the Information Systems Security Officers and Managers.
NOTE: The candidate must obtain and maintain an IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP, other) within six months of hire date.
- 6+ years Information Security or related IT experience
- Experience with the NISPOM (Chapter 8 as well as familiarity with other Chapters), ODAA Process Manual, DAAPM, Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, JAFAN, Risk Management Framework (RMF), etc. (i.e. DCID, ICD)
- Experience with certifying compliance and auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
- Experience in the oversight and execution of the Assessment & Authorization processes (previous ISSM experience)
- Experience successfully and respectfully interfacing with internal/external customers (i.e. DSS, AO, DAO, IT, Program Managers, etc.)
- Possess an existing US DOD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP or other)
- Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website: https://stepp.dss.mil/SelfRegistration/Login.aspx
- Previous experience with complex Wide Area Networks and Information Systems (Multi-Program Interconnection, Unified, PL-2)
- Experience with development and delivery of IA related briefings and training material to all organizational levels
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
- Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment
- Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc)
- Ability to develop and defend Basis of Estimates
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Customer focused and has excellent time management skills
- Utilize forward thinking to anticipate customer/government changes and challenges
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to handle difficult people and/or situations in high pressure environments and make tough decisions
- Must be flexible and work with limited supervision
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
- Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
- Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
- Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16 / 06)
NISPOM DD254 Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISM JAFAN DCID ISSM Information Security Information Technology IT Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA IAM IAO RMF Risk Management Framework 101532
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Relocation Eligible: No
Clearance Type: Secret
Expertise: Cyber Jobs, Information and Knowledge Systems, Security, Technical
Type Of Job: Full Time
Work Location: MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.