Information System Security Officer
Provides Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) support to classified (Collateral and Special Program) computing environments in Portsmouth RI. Responsible for assisting in the development and enforcement of information systems security procedures in accordance with company and government regulations and policies. Responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness. Prepare documentation, including information security plans, outlining regulations and establishing information security policy. Assists in investigation information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective actions for the current situation and preventative actions to be taken for the future. The position routinely interfaces with their facility security team, program personnel and government representatives.
All these job responsibilities are to b executed in harmony with Raytheon's code of Business Ethics and conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based don the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Top Secret Clearance investigation completed within the last 5 years.
- Two (2)+ years of DoD Information Systems Security experience
- Experience with JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3 or ICD 503, or National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Chapter 8 requirements.
- Experience developing IS security plans, policy, and procedures for Local Area Network (LAN) Information Systems and Wide Area Network (WAN) Information Systems. System auditing experience with Windows/Solaris/Linux or similar operating systems.
- It is also an expectation that the individual be able to obtain a DoD 8570.1 IA Certification within 6 months of starting in the role.
- Previous experience performing successfully as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in a classified information systems environment and working with classified processing requirements, classified operating and/or laboratory environment.
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc. DOD 8570.1 Certified;
- Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other applicable DOD 8570.1 certifications.
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
- Working knowledge of the other pertinent manuals of the JAFAN /DCID/ICD as well as the other chapters of the NISPOM as it applies to information systems.
- Familiarity with the Joint Special Access Programs (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG). Familiarity with the Risk Managed Framework (RMF).
- Ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Individual must have the ability to conduct IS User Briefings. Ability to work with minimal supervision in accordance with government regulations.
- Desire and ability to effectively work as part of a team.
- Possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills. Self-motivated and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results.
- Possess good time management skills.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in one of the following but not limited to: Cyber Security, Information Assurance or Computer Information Systems.
- All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others
Key Words: information security officer assurance officer JAFAN NISPOM DOD 8570.1 IA LAN WAN Windows Solaris Linux DCID ICD Joint Special Access Programs JSIG Risk Management Framework RMF
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Relocation Eligible: No
Clearance Type: TS/SCI - Current
Expertise: Cyber Jobs, Information and Knowledge Systems, Security
Type Of Job: Full Time
Work Location: RI - Portsmouth
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+