Roblox has over 1,100,000 concurrent users playing on our platform each day
We need smart minds like yours to help us shape our future.
Be part of an amazing team that’s building the world’s largest social platform for play. Every month, over 56 million players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends.
Our ambition is to build a global infrastructure to rival that of any big social network out there. We currently operate thousands of servers in data centers all over the globe. Over the next few years, we expect our server count to grow by a factor of 3 or more.
As an InfoSec Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in helping us secure our Imagination Platform™ at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to secure a platform that can sustain over one million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-skilled and everexpanding engineering team.
- Experienced: you have a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field with at least 8 years of hands-on industry experience; current certification (GIAC, CISSP, CCSP) is a plus. You are also well-versed in Windows and Linux, with a good understanding of selinux, apparmour, cgroups, ulimits, etc.
- Blue and Red: you have a holistic understanding of the modern cyber security landscape with a strong background in intelligence gathering, incident response, application security, process documentation, and offensive security.
- Well-versed: you have a solid understanding of key InfoSec regulation and frameworks (PCI, GLBA, ISO 27001, HITrust, EHNAC).
- A coder: if you weren’t doing InfoSec you’d be right there with the development team building and shipping awesome features in C#.
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no man or woman has gone before; Consul.io, Vault.io, ElasticSearch, RLEC, Chef etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow.
- A learner: You keep up with the latest advances in security. You're knowledgeable about the changing landscape of technologies like TLS. For example, you follow the work the Chromium team is doing to build a safer web.
- Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
- Build world-class operational, infrastructure, application, and incident response security toolsets in order to protect critical assets and the Roblox community. Set our security policies
- Improve the Roblox Cyber Security Program and strategy, expanding threat management services across the entire organization
- Apply knowledge of technical and analytical skills to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all information systems assets.
- Coordinate and perform pen-testing, triaging incoming security reports, auditing current system implementations for vulnerabilities.
- Work with the development team, coaching them on best practices and perform code reviews and threat modeling.
- Work with an innovative team that is currently distributed throughout the US and Canada, and soon to be global.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- ROBLOX Admin badge for your avatar, and rockstar status with our community
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 56 million players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Everything in Roblox is user-generated. Our growing community of 1.7 million creators produce millions of unique 3D multiplayer experiences using Roblox Studio - our intuitive desktop design tool. It’s the reason we’re called “The Imagination Platform.”
As a company, we are 200+ creative engineers, artists, and visionaries. We love and respect our community, we take play seriously, and above all, we strive to power the imaginations of people around the world.
We also believe everyone should have the right to play with us. That is why Roblox is freely available on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive.
In 2016, Roblox was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in Inc. Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
User-generated content, Virtual building, Physics, Social gaming, Mobile gaming, Game-development tools, Scalability, Cloud, Social Network, Consumer Product, Distributed Systems, Computer Graphics, Rendering, MMO, Instant Messaging, and Virtual Reality
Company Size: 201-500