Senior Cyber Security Systems Analyst
The global provider of secure financial messaging
Join our team
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
SWIFT's Technology Management team is hiring a full-time experienced information security specialist with expertise in both system and network security. We're looking for an energetic, smart and stress-resistant professional with at least 6 years of experience in practical security management. This is an opportunity to work for a dynamic company recognizing security as a strategic value. You will work in a constantly evolving environment using latest technologies and will be a key contributor to protect SWIFT internal network against cyber-attacks. You will demonstrate cyber analytical skills to incident analysis, coordination and response.
- Research, test and document industry best practices for security hardening of various Operating Systems, COTS applications, and devices.
- Assess the adequacy of security hardening requirements, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze, assess and document security risks introduced by noncompliance to approved security hardening requirements, identify and assess the adequacy of mitigating controls to reduce or eliminate such risks.
- Work collaboratively with various groups throughout the company to identify and resolve conflicts between security mandates and operational or functional requirements.
- Keep current with new and emerging relevant security technologies and industry best practices, and provide recommendations for adaptation and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other security personnel to monitor security vulnerability intelligence, identify, analyze and communicate the impact of new security vulnerabilities with impacted users.
- Prepare status reports on new and ongoing security vulnerability investigations to keep management informed about security issues that may affect the company or its customers Ensure that processes and policies are aligned with and compliant to company security policies.
- Facilitate, host and conduct meetings to discuss security related issues.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other IT related degree or comparible IT security experience.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Systems Administrator with focus on IT security.
- Experience with information security policy and process development is a plus
- Current CompTIA Security+, GIAC GSEC, ISC2 CISSP or equivalent level of security certification is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux based operating systems; RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) or equivalent is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows based operating systems is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle DB, MySQL is a plus.
- Strong technical verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- Vulnerability management experience is a plus.
- Experience with information security policy and process development is a plus.
- Knowledge of risk analysis and management process and security control implementations is a plus
What we offer:
SWIFT Manassas is one of two offices in the Virginia area, located a short drive from Washington DC. Over 200 employees enjoy a busy social calendar with events throughout the year, as well as being heavily involved in charitable work, with partners such as United Way, Toys for Tots and more.
Competitive salary and bonus with exceptional benefits /100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
Excellent training and career development opportunities
4 weeks paid vacation & 12 Public Holidays
Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
Company Functions & Community Outreach Programs
SWIFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide our community with a platform for messaging, standards for communicating and we offer products and services to facilitate access and integration; identification, analysis and financial crime compliance.
Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 banking and securities organisations, market infrastructures and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to communicate securely and exchange standardised financial messages in a reliable way.
As their trusted provider, we facilitate global and local financial flows, support trade and commerce all around the world; we relentlessly pursue operational excellence and continually seek ways to lower costs, reduce risks and eliminate operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest.
Headquartered in Belgium, SWIFT’s international governance and oversight reinforces the neutral, global character of its cooperative structure. SWIFT’s global office network ensures an active presence in all the major financial centres,
Financial Messaging, Security, Automation, Standards, Resilience, Payments, Securities, Consulting, Trade, Treasury, Connectivity, Compliance, Reference Data, Market Infrastructures, Matching, Business Intelligence, Sanctions, Interfaces
Company Type: Public Company