Information Assurance Specialist (Early/Mid-Career)
Exceptional service in the national interest
We are seeking an Information Assurance Specialist in the area of Cyber Security Operations.
- Perform system certification and accreditation planning, testing, and liaison activities;
- Ensure accreditation controls are being met on computer and physical systems;
- Investigate security concerns and provide guidance for security compliance issues;
- Interpret, write, and update security documents and procedures;
- Analyze security scans as feedback for system revisions;
- Deliver threat and awareness and education briefings and documentation;
- Leverage security data from internal and external alerting and requirements sources in an effort to implement effective mitigations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and Assurance, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering plus entry level experience (up to two years); or Master’s degree in the above mentioned disciplines;
- Work experience (including internships) in relevant government environments (IC, FBI, DOD, DOE, etc.);
- Active or current (within 5 years) SCI clearance and active or current DOD TS/DOE Q security clearance.
- Experience with the FIE, Sandia National Laboratories, and/or SCI programs;
- Experience investigating incidents of security concern;
- Experience interpreting, writing, and updating security documents and procedures;
- Experience with classified document control policies, classified document marking, hand-carry policies, Derivative Classifier (DC), and distribution of classified matter requirements.
The FIE Cyber Security Operations Department 00097 manages, facilitates, and supports all elements of cyber security and information assurance for the Sandia FIE and all IWFO programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Sandia National Laboratories
Through science and technology, people, infrastructure, and partnerships, Sandia's mission is to meet national needs in five key areas:
Nuclear Weapons -
Ensuring the stockpile is safe, secure, reliable, and can support the United States' deterrence policy
Energy and Infrastructure Assurance -
Enhancing the surety of energy and other critical infrastructures
Reducing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, the threat of nuclear accidents, and the potential for damage to the environment
Defense Systems and Assessments -
Addressing new threats to national security
Homeland Security -
Helping to protect our nation against terrorism
Sandia is a government-owned/contractor operated (GOCO) facility. Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, manages Sandia for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration. We seek collaborative partnerships on emerging technologies that support our mission.
Nuclear Weapons, Defense, Energy, Homeland Security
Company Type: Government Agency
Company Size: 5,001-10,000