Security Systems Application Engineer
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is responsible providing high quality software support for Integrated Security Systems. This includes performing scheduled software maintenance, software troubleshooting, performing system backups, applying patches as well as suggesting and performing system improvements, modifications, etc. to current customers to ensure the end-user has an operational and dependable system. As with Service Specialists, this Engineer is to ensure all system issues are addressed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction. This Engineer will also be expected to be able to assist with software support for installations, startup, checkout, and commissioning of Integrated Security Systems. In addition, this position is responsible for providing direct customer support in the form of technical support and training.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software issues on installed Integrated Security Systems
- Diagnose communication problems with control devices and other components
- Perform software preventative maintenance on installed Integrated Security Systems. This includes implementing software patches and updating antivirus solutions
- Create, load, test, and tune system databases
- Codes software using multiple languages in multiple environments as appropriate
- Adheres to high quality coding and testing practices
- Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
- Assists with commissioning and startup of new Integrated Security Systems to ensure proper operation
- Streamline and develop software code, graphics and drivers for graphic front end, human machine interface, page development
- Provide on-site training to customer
- Provides emergency and warranty service as required
- Create and maintain software documentation including design, structure, code, and compiling processes
- Create and maintain test records and site configuration information
- Conform to project site safety and housekeeping requirements
- Develop and enforce software standards and processes
- Provide technical support, including high-level troubleshooting on project sites, to other team members
- May be asked to provide technical support to sales engineers and assist in development of new business opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection
- Four-year (4) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
- Four (4) years related work experience required
- Advanced understanding of Integrated Security Systems or electronic control systems including the following
- o Access Control
- o Video Surveillance Systems (Analog, Digital, Network)
- o Video Analytics
- o Intrusion Detections Systems
- o Intercom Systems
- o Perimeter Security
- Advanced industry product knowledge desired. Schneider Electric and Pelco by Schneider Electric product knowledge is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of network infrastructure and network communication systems
- IT Skills for troubleshooting, service, installation and programming of servers as well as workstations.
- Basic database knowledge (SQL preferred) in order to program and troubleshoot issues.
- Basic programming code methodology knowledge (Basic, C++, HTML, etc.)
- Experience with Internet and Web-Server applications is also preferred.
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and symbols
- Ability to analyze system drawings and schematics
- Good knowledge of service procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong experience in software documentation processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments
The work is mostly sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However while on job sites individuals may have to move over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc. Also, transporting of items such as system equipment and installation materials may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Primary Location: US-New Jersey-Secaucus
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+