Information Security Analyst - GRC
Here at Sentry, our Information Security Analysts – Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) are tasked with providing information security assurance to associates and customers by developing, implementing, and maintaining information security risk and compliance programs and streamlining information security governance practices.
This is a critical position within a company like Sentry that delivers dynamic, best-of-class systems to its customers while maintaining a commitment as a trusted steward of their sensitive data.
What You'll Do
- Design effective and efficient information security processes, procedures and controls that support and drive compliance to Sentry’s Information Security Policies and Standards
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of information security governance processes
- Evaluate information technology and information security related risk – including performing 3rd Party security risk analysis
- Perform routine and periodic assessments to ensure compliance with security policy, regulatory requirements, and industry accepted standards (e.g. PCI, SSAE 18, ISO 27001/27002)
- Utilize Information Security and Information Technology analysis tools to verify compliance to standards
- Conduct information security training
- Prepare reports on information security compliance and/or information security risk metrics
- Collaborate with Sentry associates to improve Information Security awareness and to achieve Information Security compliance
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience in areas such as IT, Information Security or Internal Audit
- An understanding of information security, security policies, and standards for logical and physical security implementations
- A good understanding of security architecture and security analysis tools
- A basic knowledge of Regulatory Compliance as it affects the insurance industry
- A good understanding of the information security control measures as defined in the ISO-27000 series
- A working knowledge of risk assessment as it is applied to information security
- The ability to perform, manage and run information security assessments/audits
- Possessing or willing to obtain professional designations such as CISA, CRISC, CISSP etc.
- Excellent organizational, planning, documentation and time management skills
- Strong technical aptitude to utilize tools (e.g. DLP, IAM, SIEM tools) as needed for assessments
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to effectively communicate risks and compliance requirements into understandable terms for both business and technical staff
- Ability to operate effectively either independently or within a group
- An understanding of insurance business and supporting systems and processes is also desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Today, we’ve grown to become one of the largest and most financially secure mutual insurance companies in the nation by never forgetting where we came from. Or why. Perhaps that’s why many of our one million customers have been with us for decades.
And we can be there for you. Our Stevens Point headquarters is the flagship of an operation supported by claims offices strategically located throughout the United States. With more than $14.7 billion in assets, a $4.4 billion* policyholder surplus, and an A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority, we continue to provide peace of mind. One conversation at a time.
*Assets and policyholder surplus as of Dec. 31, 2015, and represent the aggregate total for all members of the Sentry Insurance Group and are not reflective of any individual underwriting company. A.M. Best rating as of 5/19/2016.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 1,001-5000