Associate Director, Cyber Security Incident Response
Position Overview: Shire Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Associate Director for Cyber Security Incident Response. Selected candidate will manage a team of direct, indirect, and outsourced resources for the delivery of global Incident Response services. Candidate should be comfortable with leading the overall delivery of security incident response in a highly dynamic environment and capable of adjusting priorities of work based on changing operational needs and an evolving threat horizon.
- Maintain a strategic direction for incident response capabilities and services
- Direct global delivery of 24/7 cyber security incident response services and resources
- Ensure high quality service delivery in the detection and response of cyber security threats
- Manage escalation, response, resolution, and reporting of cyber security incidents
- Oversee the development and maintenance of incident response standards, processes, and guidelines
- Coordinate incident response scenarios and routine exercises to ensure operational readiness
- Oversee the collection and management of metrics to ensure effective/efficient cyber security operations
- Support maintenance, administration, and break/fix remediation (including RCA) of cyber security solutions
- Partner with other business areas to effectively predict, prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new security technologies, processes, and methodologies
- Assist with the development and management of budget, technology, service, and solution/vendor roadmaps
- 10+ years of cyber security operations experience
- 5+ years of work experience managing cyber security incident response
- Significant experience resolving problems independently and/or through a support team
- Demonstrated experience managing direct, indirect, and outsourced resources
- Experience managing operations playbooks, run books, and performance measures
- Strong performance maintaining and optimizing operations leveraging industry best practices
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of proactive cyber defense and incident response automation
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analysis methods
- Comfortable working in high stress and ambiguous environments
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing events, reprioritizing efforts, and realign resources as needed
- Ability to translate complex technical information into terms and products useful to upper-level management
- Ability and willingness to be on-call, work non-standard hours, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Significant experience managing cyber security incident response programs
- Demonstrated experience managing the use of industry leading cyber security solutions, platforms, and technologies
- Strong analytical abilities, strong interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to lead and work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working within a validated environment (21 CFR Part 11)
- Experience leading and/or managing global and multi-tiered organizations
- Effective project management skills
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GREM, and GCFE (PMP considered a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience (Master’s degree considered a plus)
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our 22,000 employees come to work every day with a common purpose: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies that enable people with life-altering conditions to live their lives to the fullest.
At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care.
Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+