Cyber Security Awareness & Outreach Manager
The Cyber Security Awareness & Outreach Manager provides communications and project management support and expertise across a variety of channels to increase awareness of the cyber security brand & business area, and improve upon the cyber security outreach strategy, partnerships and programs both within IT and throughout the global Shire community.
- Manage multiple awareness and training activities, such as development and implementation of learning and awareness content.
- Develop and champion Shire’s National Cyber Security Awareness Week initiatives.
- Create attractive, user-centric content collateral, including infographics, PowerPoints, job aids, and service brochures.
- Digital branding experience and expertise
- Ability to quickly develop excellent working relationships with peers and key stakeholders, such as IT Security business partners, the End User Experience team, risk, and technology specialists.
- Develop and implement annual Cyber Security Awareness and Outreach Plans.
- Implement, maintain and report metrics where possible to evaluate effectiveness of cyber security initiatives and communications. Provide outreach and awareness program recommendations for quality, effectiveness and performance outcome improvements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of cyber security principles and elements.
- Supervise third-party vendors and agencies.
- Write clean, crisp, professional communications for a diverse, global audience.
- Create, edit, and update web content on the Shire intranet using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Plan and execute cyber-security awareness events, including IT Spotlights, lunch-and-learns, manager’s meetings, web conferences and other special events.
- Lead the communications for global Cyber Security projects as assigned.
- Research, write, and edit content that demonstrates the value that Cyber Security brings to the business.
- Drive adherence to Shire’s branding standards.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing or public relations required.
- At least seven years’ experience doing communications within a corporate environment (preferably with a focus on IT)
- Prior experience in a global pharma or biotech environment preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with audiences of all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward common goals
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations and model the resiliency to change
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Strong PowerPoint skills a plus.
- Experience managing projects, planning events, creating content and general understanding of graphic design principles and user experience required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft SharePoint, desired but not required.
Shire’s Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life-altering conditions to lead better lives.
Shire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our 22,000 employees come to work every day with a common purpose: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies that enable people with life-altering conditions to live their lives to the fullest.
At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care.
Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+