Senior Analyst, Cyber Security Threat Intelligence
Position Overview: Shire Pharmaceuticals is seeking a candidate to fill a role as a Senior Analyst, Cyber Security Threat Intelligence in the Predictive Intelligence Team. The selected candidate will analyze pertinent information and disseminate finalized intelligence products in order to ensure all applicable stakeholders can defend against cyber threats. The candidate should be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and be capable of adjusting priorities of work based on emerging threat activity and/or changing business needs.
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of the overall cyber threat landscape (advanced persistent threat groups, malware campaigns, botnets, hacktivism, DDoS attacks, geopolitical activities, etc.)
- Self-driven and fully accountable for independent effort performed as part of a geographically dispersed virtual team supporting high operational tempo
- In conjunction with management, engage with stakeholders and identify critical business needs or intelligence collection priorities
- Identify new open source intelligence (OSINT) products and sources with a focus on gaining meaningful reporting that can help Shire’s predictive intelligence program
- Monitor and leverage proprietary threat feeds to gather intelligence about threat methods and actors to enhance Shire’s threat intelligence products
- Create threat actor overviews by fusing multiple source reporting into a final product
- Coordinate and share information with other teams within the Cyber Security group
- Monitor open source intelligence, daily email feeds, sensor intelligence sources, and other threat intelligence products in order to continually assess Shire’s defensive posture
- Attend team meetings and provide updates on action items, as needed
- Support Shire’s intelligence collection objectives by continually assessing collection priorities and detective measures
- Demonstrated ability to formally document and establish well-defined processes, procedures, network mitigations strategies, and research reports derived from post incident analysis and lessons learned
Required Skills (Essential)
- 4+ years of work experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in intelligence analysis and a combination of education and certifications
- Ability to track the threat landscape from a cyber, threat actor, cyber weapons & tools, and geo-political perspective
- Understanding of the Predict, Prevent, Detect, and Respond categories of the Adaptive Protection Architecture and how it pertains to PICERL and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Understanding of key intelligence analysis concepts, including the intelligence cycle and 1+1 attribution
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analysis methods
- Ability to translate complex technical information into terms and products useful to upper-level management
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and willingness to share on-call responsibilities, work non-standard hours, aid Cyber Security investigations, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Understanding of the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups
- Background in military or federal government intelligence operations, preferable those pertaining to threat intelligence and adversary analysis
- Programming or scripting experience in any of the following. Perl, python, Vbscript, or PowerShell
- Experience with industry leading threat intelligence platforms, SIEMs, and other industry-leading technologies
- Industry certification such as GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, GCIA, GFNA, GREM, or CEH
- Experience with a global or multi-tiered organizations
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our 22,000 employees come to work every day with a common purpose: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies that enable people with life-altering conditions to live their lives to the fullest.
At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care.
Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+