Sr. Analyst, Cyber Security Incident Response
Shire Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Sr. Analyst for Cyber Security Incident Response. Selected candidate will be responsible for leading cyber security incident response efforts and disrupting malicious attacks. Candidate should be comfortable leading end to end delivery of cyber incident response in a highly dynamic environment and capable of adjusting priorities of work based on changing operational needs and an evolving threat horizon.
- Lead incident handling activities for cyber security incident detection and response
- Provide expert subject matter expertise in best practices for incident detection and response
- Coordinate escalation, response, resolution, and reporting of cyber security incidents
- Mentor less senior cyber security operations resources
- Ensure high quality and timely service delivery
- Develop and maintain incident response standards, processes, and guidelines
- Lead the delivery of incident response scenarios and routine exercises
- Support the collection and management of cyber security metrics
- Support maintenance, administration, and break/fix remediation (including RCA) of cyber security solutions
- Collaborate with other business areas to effectively predict, prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats
- Assist with research and evaluation of new security technologies, processes, and methodologies
- 5+ years of work experience leading cyber security incident resolution
- Experience working independently to investigate and effectively respond to cyber security incidents
- Experience leading a team of incident handlers to effectively respond to large scale / complex incidents
- Experience developing and maintaining operations playbooks, run books, and performance measures
- Experience maintaining and optimizing operations leveraging industry best practices
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analysis methods
- Good social, verbal, and written communication skills
- Understanding of attack vectors, vulnerabilities, and how they are leveraged by malicious actors
- Understanding of proactive cyber defense and incident response automation
- Quickly adapts to changing events, reprioritizing efforts, and realign resources as needed
- Translates complex technical information into terms and products useful to upper-level management
- Willingness to be on-call, work non-standard hours, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Comfortable working in high stress and ambiguous environments
- Experience using industry leading cyber security solutions, platforms, and technologies
- Strong analytical abilities, interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience conducting international enterprise computer forensics (network and/or platform)
- Experience conducting reverse engineering malware analysis
- Experience working within a validated environment (21 CFR Part 11)
- Experience with content creation using advanced SEIM solutions
- Experience leading and/or managing global cyber security incidents in a multi-tiered organizations
- Solid knowledge of networking protocols (i.e. TCP)/IP and device log formats (i.e. Windows, Linux, Proxy, and AV)
- Ability to capitalize on APIs to improve the incident response
- Effective time, prioritization, and workload management skills
- Industry certification such as SANS GCFE, GREM, or GCIH certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience (Master’s degree considered a plus)
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our 22,000 employees come to work every day with a common purpose: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies that enable people with life-altering conditions to live their lives to the fullest.
At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care.
Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+