Research & Technology Manager Cyber-Security
Where will your future mean something for the future?
At Siemens, our 348,000-person global team asks the most challenging questions of our time.
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 210046
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies, and the business models developed from them, have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with its global network of experts, CT is a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes.
The support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with CT’s own future-oriented research. Siemens’ central research and development arm sees itself as a strategic partner to the company’s businesses. It plays a key role in achieving and maintaining leading competitive positions in the fields of electrification and automation while at the same time helping Siemens fully tap into the growth field of digitalization.
Cyber-security is a critical component for all Siemens businesses and their customers. Our team are experts in analyzing systems, developing security plans and countermeasures, system optimization and implementation. The consultants in CT’s cyber-security team deliver expert consulting in all aspects of the domain.
We are seeking a dynamic leadership professional to lead the Cyber Security Research Group located in Princeton, NJ. The US Team is one of nine global Research Groups that comprise CT’s Cyber Security Technology Field on a global scale. The Cyber Security field is a focused growth area for the company. Local resources deliver all elements of cyber security consulting, including training, procedure and process development, solution prototyping, coaching, assessments, incident response, and strategic support. The best candidate will be highly familiar with these topics, have a strong network of collaborators and will drive growth and innovation, bringing world class execution to our customers.
The Research & Technology Manager will lead and drive the development of new technologies through customer funded projects within the Cyber Security Technology Field.
What will be my responsibilities?
- Budget responsibility of more than $4 million for the local research group
- Manage, coach and develop 12-20 direct reports plus temporary staff (contractors, interns).
- Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including target definitions, growth areas and business plans.
- Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s research strategy and roadmap and align globally to ensure implementation and execution. Current research focus includes Security Analytics and DevOps Security. Additionally, the team is responsible for maintaining expertise on US-specific cyber-security standards, laws, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure achievement of revenue targets by managing team capabilities and competencies, assigning resources to projects, and monitoring execution
- Ensure acquisition of projects: internal customer-funded as well as public grants and other funding methods. Acquire projects directly and via the broader team.
- Develop and maintain Siemens internal and external networks to achieve revenue targets and advance local and global strategy. Key contacts are local and global and include R&D heads, PLM heads, VP’s of strategy, CISOs, CPSSOs, CTOs, and CIOs of Siemens business units and divisions.
- Collaborate with CT Research Groups to build larger products and integrate into comprehensive solutions
- Participate and lead internal customer projects, including research & development as well as technical consulting
- As a Subject Matter Expert in an aspect of cyber security, contribute as a technical and strategic expert to cyber security initiatives and workgroups.
What do I need to qualify for this position?
- Masters degree required. PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience as researcher and technical consultant in the area of cyber security with a proven track record in academia, industry or military/government
- 3+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D or IT consulting environment required
- Broad technical know-how in multiple areas of cyber-security, including security requirements, threat & risk management, security feature and architecture design, assessments, incident handling, SDLC a must
- Prior experience working in security projects with government entities and on public grants a significant plus but not required
- Established networks within US academia/research institutions and cyber security community
- Highly motivated and driven business professional with a can-do attitude
- Proven experience defining a vision, a strategy for achieving the vision, and deploying tactical resources to accomplish goals.
- Proven track record of promoting innovation and driving business growth
- Excellent interpersonal and English language communication skills (written & verbal.) Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects. Proficiency in German is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer service orientation
- Willingness to travel 40% (domestic/international)
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Electrification, Automation, Digitalization, Innovation, Solutions, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+