Windows Kernel Security Software Engineer
Security Made Simple
We are looking for a Principle level Developer with in-depth knowledge of Windows kernel and device driver development. The focus will be primarily on security, in particular continuing the development of our already wildly successful and revolutionary Virtualization/Sandbox product, a unique product on the market. Using knowledge of the Windows security model, you will lead the development of features and enhanced security infrastructure. You will need out-of-the-box thinking to solve complex changes and learn about the latest and greatest security feature of Windows.
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of professional software development experience. More is better.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Windows internals, debugging and reverse engineering.
- Experience developing Windows device drivers.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Security such as Token/Privileges/SID/ACLs/Group Policy/Active Directory.
- Demonstrated ability to design software.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small close-knit team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a fast paced development team.
What else we’d like to see:
- Security expertise. Experience building secure code, penetration testing, and reverse engineering malware.
- Experience with Windbg, ollydbg, metaspolit, wireshark and other tools
- MS Visual Studio, SVN, GIT
- Have worked in an Agile development environment.
In most cases, the compensation package includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Gym membership compensation
We offer complete security with our full range of endpoint, encryption, email, web, mobile, network security and UTM products, as well as several free tools for home users.
Sophos is built on a foundation of world class talent, many of whom have developed long-standing careers with the company. Our employees are the company’s best asset. That’s why we continue to seek first-class people to help contribute towards the continual growth, innovation and success of the Sophos global brand.
We understand what it takes to keep businesses secure. And we’re recognized by analysts and customers alike as leaders in what we do.
IT Security, Encryption, Next-Gen UTM (Unified Threat Management), Mobile Device Management, Endpoint Security, Antivirus, Email and Web Protection, Free Tools, Network Security, Server Protection
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 501-1000