We are looking for fast thinking, A-team players to join our company.
So if you're looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity, please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of wicked-smart people who are passionate about our products and our customers' success.
That’s a cool job! I want it!
As a Splunk Security Architect, you’ll join the security domain experts within the Americas-West Sales organization. The Security Architect is an overlay position that participates in and drives our largest and most critical security opportunities and initiatives, primarily within the Bay Area & Southern California region for Splunk. Successful Security Architects will be active members of the security community whose experience and credibility allows them to become and remain trusted security advisors for both Splunk and our customers. The West Security Architect will be interfacing with key security-related personnel in many of the world's premier companies. These are bleeding-edge companies who need to know that they are in trusted hands when they come to Splunk for security advice and solutions. As a Security Architects you will deliver, develop, and maintain thought-provoking content to help Splunk’s customers realize the full value of our product portfolio, regularly participate in internal account planning and strategy meetings, conduct CxO level meetings/presentations, attend industry events, and provide post-sales guidance to help customers adopt Splunk solutions.
Travel: Up to 50%
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- For large or critical security opportunities, a security architect will be responsible for actively participating in the technology evaluation and business justification stage of the sales process, working with the sales team as a key advisor and advocate for our security products and services.
- The Security Architect must be able to answer technical questions regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, and applications, as well as being able to articulate Splunk's security market positioning to both business and technical users. The Security Architect should also nurture a broader understanding of the overall security landscape.
- As an overlay resource, the Security Architect must be able to identify and address issues to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales or technology evaluation process, and this person must be able to establish and develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts throughout his/her duration as a Splunk employee
- The Security Architect must be able to demonstrate and articulate Splunk security products and solutions to customers either onsite or remotely (Webex), and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- The Security Architect must be willing to travel to visit prospects and customers throughout the U.S., and to engage in onsite customer work when required (up to 50% of the time).
- The Security Architect will be the go-to security resource for both the field team as well as customers, and this person will occasionally be expected to deliver security knowledge to other team members and customers in the form of brown-bag lunches, lectures, seminars or hack-a-thons
- The Security Architect will be a self-starter who is driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
- The ideal candidate has a proven track record in a core security discipline ( forensics, security operations, incident response, security research, threat detection, security assessments, penetration testing, and security product development) with knowledge of security tools, trends, methodologies, and best practices
- The ideal candidate possesses strong presentation skills and is able to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels within and outside of the company
- The ideal candidate possesses security knowledge and experience across multiple verticals and industries and understands and can articulate the threat landscape throughout
- It would be nice if the candidate holds one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, GIAC*, GSE, CEH, TS
- It would be nice if the candidate has strong SIEM-related knowledge and/or experience in the past (Examples: Arcsight, Q-Radar, LogRhythm)
- It would be nice if the candidate has participated on a Red Team or been involved in White Hat activities
- The ideal candidate should understand and have used various security audit tools (Examples: Metasploit, Nessus, OpenVAS).
- The ideal candidate should have a natural sales acumen
- The ideal candidate has an ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with some relevant compliance frameworks (GLB, HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.)
- Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) skills are very desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is also desirable
- Prior Splunk experience and knowledge is very desirable
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of “big data”—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 10,000 customers in 100 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk has more than 1,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and regional headquarters in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
San Francisco Only
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Non San Francisco
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's EEO Policy Statement.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence. Our company's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. More than three quarters of the Fortune 100 and thousands of enterprises, universities, government agencies and service providers use Splunk software to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations, security, web intelligence, customer and business analytics and more.
Splunk helps customers solve problems in ways they could never dream before. With Splunk, all you need is a browser and your imagination.
Machine Data To Operational Intelligence
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000