Application Security Engineer Senior, Information Technology
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success of Starbucks Application Security Engineering Program and supporting tools. Your role as a senior application security engineer is to stay current on industry trends in both security solutions and threats, then guide the Starbucks Development teams and Application Security Engineering Team in implementations ensuring that security is applied to the technology platforms and information within the organization in accordance with established standards and policies.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Evangelizes application security program fundamentals, tools, processes and acts as a consultative partner with Global IT and Business teams.
- Performs application security assessments and remediation activities as part of the application security program and ensures application teams adhear to the SDL Framework.
- Guides and performs security activities including vulnerability testing and analysis, code review, static and dynamic code testing, ethical hacking and business logic exploit testing.
- Ensures teams are validating for OWASP top 10, CWE/SANS top 25 and performing industry leading application security practices
- Enables application vulnerability detection mechanisms for applications in production use
- Makes recommendations on toolset modifications and improvements, improvements on development processes and production application security support
- Participate as a key member for security incident response activities
Summary of Experience
- Experience in the field or in a related area. (5-7 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within large collaborative organizations
- Basic Project management skills
- Ability to delegate
- Business knowledge
- Knowledge and ability to apply process improvement principles
- Strong written, verbal and active listening skills
- Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Foster effectiveness during changes in tasks, work environment, or condition affecting the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to apply consultative skills in a business environment
- Annual Managed Expenses
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+