Senior Disaster Recovery Analyst
As a senior IT disaster recovery analyst, you’ll contribute to Starbucks success by developing and maintaining IT disaster recovery programs and technology resilience plans to ensure the continuity of mission-critical Information Technology (IT) services provided to business capabilities. Focused on operational resilience within Starbucks Technology, you’ll assist, conduct and report on resilience and recovery testing aligned to our internal standards, help develop documentation of recovery procedures, boost maturity in disaster recovery, and coordinate recovery events during emergency technical situations.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with other Starbucks Technology teams on integration of technology continuity & reslience practices.
- Acts as a Disaster Recovery coordinator during recovery efforts, and assists recovery support and business resumption teams in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies for Starbucks Technology.
- Develops and plans testing activities for technology resumption plans, including potential testing at recovery sites.
- Consults and advises on resilience testing methodologies for system and application teams.
- Documents technology & service recovery plans and procedures and provides advisory services to technology teams for documentation readiness.
- Validates technical requirements for Starbucks Technology resumption plans mapping them with Recovery Time Objective and Recovery Point Objective requirements from our Business Continuity organization.
- Identifies business unit requirements for Starbucks Technology business resumption plans. Collects and analyses cost/benefit and hardware/software product data, presents options and makes recommendations for improvements in plans and procedures.
- Acts as liasion to various Starbucks Technology departments for the Business Continuity team.
- Assesses changes to critical application production environments to determine impact on established disaster recovery plans. Works with teams to update plans to address new business functions or changes in priority.
- Provides communication and training to involved groups to ensure that technology teams understand and are prepared to execute disaster recovery plans.
- Develops and monitors goal-based metrics related to IT disaster recovery testing, leads feedback loops for application and infrastructure teams to continuously improve their resilience exercises.
- Develops information dashboards showing the health and maturity of disaster recovery plans.
Summary of Experience
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing in the Information Technology field (3-5 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of system architectures and recovery requirements of information systems and processes, specifically replication technologies, virtualized, and cloud based environments.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate multi-team incident response / disaster recovery meetings or conference calls, directing response actions, driving and tracking actions to completion.
- Ability to analyze Business Impact Analysis reports and develop technical recovery requirements, and/or perform Business Impact Analysis exercises.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying risk management principles and practices based on common risk management methodologies (e.g. ISO 31000).
- Strong problem analysis skills and ability to understand business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to interpret & develop infrastructure diagrams required for comprehensive technology disaster planning, including high availability.
- Knowledge of Archer or similar GRC workflow platform.
- Knowledge of the relational model between Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Ability to learn and understand new areas of the business, technologies and associated processes.
- Strong communication skills, effectively demonstrating through written and verbal forms, while amplifying engagement through listening.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment, handle ambiguity and maintain productivity.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
- Certifications such as ITIL Foundation, Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE), EC-Council Disaster Recovery Professional (EDRP), desired.
Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
All Starbucks Job Descriptions are confidential and proprietary, and are to be handled in accordance with the Starbucks Standards of Business Conduct. Accordingly, job descriptions cannot be shared with individuals outside of the company without the written permission of the director Compensation, Starbucks Coffee Company.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+